More problems with my goose. Please help.

AnserMater

In the Brooder
7 Years
Apr 14, 2012
Hello,

The last thread I posted in here concerned my goose and how he was having watery stools. I was assured that this was normal, and that everything would be ok. Well last night and today he's been acting strangely. His poops will either be extremely liquid, or almost entirely water. That is not the only symptom. Every few poops, he will get ups, scream, run around and shoot excrement out of his backside. It seems like he is in extreme pain during this process, and after the poop passes, he rund around chattering, then hides underneath me as though he was attacked and is in shock.

I've been letting him out and he's been eating a few bugs and weeds by my chicken coop. We do not use pesticides and my chickens remain unaffected. He's eating normally and drinking, otherwise, but when these poops occur, he is in a lot of pain.

What do I do???

Poor baby! I wish I could help but I'm not sure how alike geese are to chickens and I've got chickens. That being said, if my chicken were displaying this - I'd probably isolate her, put ACV in her water and take her off food for a couple of days. After that, I'd start her back on regular food ONLY and see how her system reacts. I'm only guessing at this - but maybe it's something to consider until a more knowledgeable person comes along.

I Tried the vinegar and it worked immediately. I mixed some in her water and let her drink without food, then tonight at around 5 I let her eat as much as she wanted. Her poops have been 100% solid since she's been eating solid food!

I'm always amazed at the power of acv, thank you!

Back
Top Bottom