Morel Mushroom and other hunters gather here!

My Wife and I would love a foray. We're in Tacoma right now but are in the process of moving to Fort Knox, Louisville area. Some time around 10 June or so.

Calling for rain tonight and hopefully its overcast tomorrow. Once you have the fresh Morels, you just cant wait to get more.

Still having trouble finding areas here....geez...only 23,000 acre's to hunt:/

28899_morels_2010.jpg

these are some of them i caught last year. it's a little early yet but very soon i'll be heading to my spot to catch more. in the background you can see a large pot i am soaking about 4 pounds in vinegar water.

i dehydrate mine, and freeze some too, in water.

my dad taught me to hunt these when i was little, because, of course, i was closer to the ground. so this year i am recruiting my youngest one to assist, and capture. my next to youngest learned last year.

such a wonderful time of year, with asparagus, and other goodies coming about.

Here is some I found while turkey hunting this season. I generally dont go looking specifically for them, but I keep an eye out while im out hunting in the spring.

bigshroom2.jpg

bigshroom.jpg

today024.jpg

today022.jpg

today017.jpg

moreshrooms005.jpg

today015.jpg

Nice shrooms!
big_smile.png
Any luck turkey hunting yet? Doesn't look like I'll be getting out this year sadly
hit.gif
been to rainy here and the creek were we hunt is overflowing it's banks!

Quote:
See my post in the turkey hunting thread....lol

I killed a nice bird the second week of season, but he had beard rot or something. He was 21 pounds, 1 1/4" spurs, but only had a 5" beard. The majority of the beard was a white/blonde color. He sure tasted good though.

Last edited:
Nice haul, and congrats on the bird!

I have a Gobbler located but the sucker is on a ridge I do not have permission to hunt. We listened to him call his girls to roost last night for 30 minutes.....

I keep forgetting to upload some pictures since the camera has gone MIA
barnie.gif

I think mother nature doesn't want me to get a bird in my life time lol. Even during the youth hunts when I was younger. Got drawed for Atterbury a few times. First time I got drawed was for 2 days -first day had a gobbler coming and a !@#$ing guy came back walking his dog and never seen the bird again (he wasn't supposed to be back there and took off after my father ran wildly at him
roll.png
), -second day heard a couple birds then they shut up, turned out there were two women back in the woods by us hunting mushrooms
barnie.gif
somad.gif
Second year got drawed for 2 days -first day I messed up and missed, people told me turkeys don't come in at 10 yards
roll.png
Shot over him and watched him fly off into the sky bewildered and teary eyed. Cried my eyes out that day. -Second day heard a bird but her was hung up on hens we believe
sad.png

Third year didn't get picked to go because I was to old.
Fourth year the changed the rules and got chosen for 1 day. That day had tom coming in but was to far. Was hung up on a fenceline and wouldn't come to the decoys. Went back in the shrubs never to be seen again. Later that day had a gobbler coming in and then he shut up, time was up so we went back to the truck and go figure. Someone was parked there mushroom hunting. Somehow I kept myself from slashing tires...

I'm just about to give up on turkey hunting LOL It's destiny that I don't get a bird.

Back
Top Bottom