Mosaic chickens

@RoostersAreAwesome my AC pens always comes in white every 3 years eventhough if I keep a white hen in there, they never gets me white. What I have to do is to breed F1 to F3 from getting all white. My uncle whose son-in-law father are breeding them in Indonesia and he also gets to white as he use father to daughters and F1 to F3. He also gets white every year.

@RoostersAreAwesome my AC pens always comes in white every 3 years eventhough if I keep a white hen in there, they never gets me white. What I have to do is to breed F1 to F3 from getting all white. My uncle whose son-in-law father are breeding them in Indonesia and he also gets to white as he use father to daughters and F1 to F3. He also gets white every year.
Your all white rooster is different than the white chicks. He has recessive white. When a bird has one copy of recessive white, it doesn't show up at all. However, if they have two copies, it results in an all white bird.
Those chicks have something else called silver. Fully silver chicks like that can't just appear unless there was some sort of cross in their breeding. Also, pea combs, being a gene that's dominant over single combs, can't just pop up in a line of single combed birds. Their shape and stance also is a bit different from the purebred ayam cemanis.

I realize this thread is old but anyone have an idea how long they lay for? I see some 3 year olds available near me and I'm tempted just for the fun colors! Hesitant though because at 3 I may not even get eggs for breeding. Person selling says they're still laying but curious about others experience with this.

I realize this thread is old but anyone have an idea how long they lay for? I see some 3 year olds available near me and I'm tempted just for the fun colors! Hesitant though because at 3 I may not even get eggs for breeding. Person selling says they're still laying but curious about others experience with this.
They should still lay, even if not amazingly. I have 8 year olds (different breeds though) still laying more often than not

If anyone can sell me mosaic hatching eggs for under 30 dollars I’ll snatch it right up 🤣. Of course that isn’t going to happen so I’ll dream about the day when I have my own 😘😭

Chickens will usually lay until they are up to 7-8 years old, some younger some older when they stop.

They're considered Large Fowl, on the small end of medium. My cockerel is taller than most of my hens, but probably only weighs 5 lbs right now, and will probably mature to around 6.5-7 lbs. I suspect there's some Hmong (or some other oriental gsmefowl) influence somewhere in there, due to their color variety and their lean build, either Ayam Cemani or Svart Hona, and some sort of laying breed. But since Brian, the founder at Gold Feather Farms, won't answer my emails, that is only speculation based on hours upon hours of digging and research and a relatively uneducated guess. :idunno
Thus far, they're very quiet, shy and gentle birds who are very active, and excellent flyers. The cockerel has thus far been a total gentleman, and only crows for about 10 minutes first thing in the morning, then he's done for the day. The breeder I got them from says they start laying around 8 months old, and that they're good winter layers. I'll let you know how it goes for me when mine do start to lay.
Here's my little flock:
View attachment 1899320
Why must it be so hard to resist 😭🤚

I have 5+ yro hens still laying daily. Hatch rate hasn't gone down with age yet either!

Back
Top Bottom