Mosin-Nagant

Q9

General Headache
13 Years
Jun 22, 2009
The Sovereign State of NC
I now have one.
big_smile.png
It's technically my dad's, but he made it clear that for all practical purposes it belongs to me. It was just purchased today. It's a 91/30 that was built by the Soviets in 1928 and has never been fired until today. It was butt-ugly at first due to all the preservative goop, but I took it apart, cleaned it out, and polished it up, and it looks pretty darn good considering I've never taken a rifle apart like that before.
celebrate.gif
Shot up some overgrown scallop squash with it - I am in love with this gun. I'm gonna use this to hunt deer this year.

Needless to say, I am one happy camper. It's so cool to have a piece of history. Anyone else have historical rifles?

Quote:
Yeah most older rifle's its hard to/ almost impossible to. But idk how the snipers did it. Lol have fun shooting. Im thinking about getting a .22 LR or a different varmit gun haha

I have a few old M-N's and others myself.
smile.png

Make sure you rinse out that barrel and action if your shooting old military surplus ammo, it's corrosive. I usually just spray windex down the barrel and on the bolt then clean as you usually would. You need to neutralize the salts or you will have a rusty tomato stake before too long...lol.

Now you need a few other Mosin Nagants...91/59, M38, M44.

Mosins.jpg

Last edited:
The recoil from it doesn't bother me that much - then again, I'm also unfazed by the kick from 12-gauge slugs.

OhioPete - thanks for the tip. How do I know which rounds are corrosive? I just cleaned it normally.

Back
Top Bottom