Mossy Egg in North Carolina

Cluckingtime

Songster
May 23, 2022
Central Maine
Has anyone bought hatching eggs from them before? And how long does it usually take for eggs to get delivered? My eggs were mailed out yesterday and says on uses they will arrive on tuesday.. is that a normal amount of time? And just fyi I have never ordered chick's or eggs online before so I may be just overly paranoid lol

The breeders I've dealt with use 1-2 day shipping. In all but one case, the eggs were held for me at the PO. Sometimes they will call and let you know it's there, other times they don't. I would give your PO a call to ask about your package and if it isn't there yet, request that they call as soon as it gets there and you'll pick it up. The less jostling around, the better.

Since this is your first time shipping eggs, I just wanted to make sure you were made aware that it's common for some eggs to never develop. Shipping is hard on eggs. I've had great hatch rates with shipped eggs and one instance where only 1 chick hatched from a batch of 18 shipped eggs.

Got my eggs.. sent me 16 I stead of 14 however didn't send me the cemani I was most excited to get. Sent me Orrington and a silkie ee in place of them. She told me they had temporarily stopped laying but did not notify me, just sent me dif ones in their place.. disappointed to say the least .. have them all in bator now.. held them overnight with pointy end down then put them in. I candles beforehand and one of the Orrington has a Crack I didn't notice.. placed it alone in a second bator just in case. I have heard of cracked eggs hatching so we will see.. the shipping was done in an odd fashion too, at least from what I have seen when others unboxed so idk how everything will turn out. Hoping I get a good hatch but my first experience with online hatching eggs hasn't quite been going so good so hopes are high but expectations aren't. Wish me luck

I threw some of it away however.. each individual egg was wrapped in the thin foam stuff, (can't remember the name of it),

20230517_083225.jpg
and packed in 4 individual bubble wrap bags with 4 eggs in each then packed in the box with the sawdust..

20230517_083303.jpg
sent priority with only a fragile sticker on it...

I have 5 eggs so far that didn't develope at all including the little silkie/ee 😪 still have 11 .. the OE and the BCM are so darned hard to see into tho ugh so idk if they are ok or not

Back
Top Bottom