Most affordable place to buy broiler chicks

Welp Hatchery. Got 25 straight run in January on sale. Healthy active chicks. Availability from now onwards, and decent prices, 2.15 straight run I think. $2.40 for males.
1679932447333.png

Hi I'm looking for a new company to buy broiler chicks. The company I've been buying from has doubled their costs and has stopped offering sexed chicks (I prefer to buy all males).

I've looked around and they are for sure gouging their prices. 🤷🏻‍♀️ Just looking for feedback on good affordable places to buy from, that do offer sexed chicks.

Thank you!
Meyers has several types available https://meyerhatchery.com/products/Meyers-Adopt-Me-Bargain-Day-Old-Chicks-p213525285

They also have dual purpose and heritage breed layer males called fry pan special for $1.50/bird all males

I wait until co-op or Tractor supply puts them on sale for .25-.50 each then buy every meat bird for another 10-15% off.

Sometimes I get 4-5….. sometimes I get 30.

I’m paying 550/ton for feed. It’s the only viable way to raise my own.

I ordered 30 straight run from Welp this year to be delivered week of March 14th, they arrived in great shape, they included one extra, and I have only lost one due to failure to thrive, so I'm not out anything. Nice thing about Welp too is that it's always free shipping.
They included an extra for me too on my order of 25 straight run. It died during shipping. But I ordered 25 and received 25 healthy chicks, so I was content. Couldn't beat the free shipping on top of the sale price discount. If you get on their mailing list, they'll email you with sales and chicken availability updates.

Welp Hatchery has a sale right now on CX if you take delivery May 1st. If you live where it's not too hot in June/July, this might be a great deal. Jump on it if you're interested, these usually don't last more than a few days. I bought this sale on SR in January, and they were awesome!

1681998443081.png

Back
Top Bottom