Most Dangerous Cake On Earth!!

Quote:
Your microwave is so clean ...
hide.gif

Nice looking cake.
thumbsup.gif

Quote:
Yikes splenda! Have you tried truvia instead? Just curious.

Nope, what is truvia?
I am limited on buget and places to buy stuff out here in the sticks if it's a healthfood type thing.
And what's wrong with splenda?
tongue.png
I only use it every now and then, not every day... it's too expencive.

I feel your pain! People give me a hard time about shopping at walmart. They don't realize some folks (like us) would have to drive an hour, burning fossil fuels all the way, to find a store that wasn't a walmart. We're all excited because there's an actual grocery store suppose to open in our town next month.
lol.png

Truvia is the brand name for a sugar substitute made from the stevia plant. There's also another brand, I think it's called sun crystals that's a mixture of sugar and stevia that has only 5 calories per serving; whereas truvia has O calories.
I just don't trust splenda, or really any sweetener created in a lab. I had a bad reaction to it and afterwards read up on it. Do a web search using the keywords 'splenda side effects' and you'll see what I mean. There was also a long thread about truvia vs. splenda here on BYC awhile back.
I've found truvia at our rinky dink walmart; unfortunately only in the single serving packets.
Here's one of the threads I was talking about: https://www.backyardchickens.com/forum/viewtopic.php?id=192232

David
, sorry for hijacking your thread.
hmm.png

Last edited:
Quote:
I agree, I tried this cake a few months ago and wasn't too impressed. For a quick chocolate fix though, it'll work. Just to clarify though, I am a cake snob. I don't make cakes from a mix, and my favorite chocolate cake is made with strong black coffee and buttermilk.

Quote:
I agree, I tried this cake a few months ago and wasn't too impressed. For a quick chocolate fix though, it'll work. Just to clarify though, I am a cake snob. I don't make cakes from a mix, and my favorite chocolate cake is made with strong black coffee and buttermilk.

I know this is off the subject, but I just had to giggle at this -- "I am a cake snob." Well, hello to one cake snob from another! Anyways, another good chocolate cake recipe comes right on the back of the Hershey's Cocoa can. It is soo delish! It is the most deep chocolatey, moist, yummy, ohh I could go on and on.

I didn't get past the first page before I was in the kitchen putting it together.
I didn't have non-stick spray so I used oil and lightly rubbed it on the insides and bottom of the cup.
I also used whole wheat flour, you know to make it healthy!!
gig.gif
It was actually all I had.
It wasn't bad, not great but not bad. It was something I might try again.
You definitely need a glass of milk with it!

Back
Top Bottom