Most expensive breed of chicken?

If one just has to spend a lot of money on poultry...then buy the best from the best from a vintage line-bred strain which has been winning in quality competitition for multiple generations and spend the rest of your 1000's of bucks
managing and breeding them.
Best,
Karen

Last edited:
There is a man in Florida who use to sell the Bresse for like $4500 a pair. Not sure if they still fetch that price. I can't even imagine. I managed to get a hold of a few APC registered Jubilee Orpingtons but thats about as expensive as I can go.The prettiest birds Ive ever seen.

For one that's a bad way to express your interest in obtaining chickens to breed and sell cause the title and questions suggest you don't know about the specific breeds and will get the attention of peddlers that will tell you what you want to hear to sell you subpar fowl. And I believe anyone with the actual good blood isn't going to sell to you with your blatant intent to raise their blood and sweat just to make a dollar and dialute the rareness. Sorry but you got to put the work into the development on your own reputation not just inbreeding and selling someone else's. Do your own research on what you would think are the pricier chickens pick a few and research all you can about them and then find at least 2 suppliers like 2 pair then pair those up ( cock from one hen from the other ) try to make sure the two suppliers haven't gotten their stock from the same person ( more research ) and start like that. It won't happen overnight at least a few years to get going and try to get fresh blood yearly ( possibly trading, swapping cause alot if not most top breeders don't pay for infusions it is gifted or swapped ) so both you and the other person can both infuse new blood to not inbreed and to keep vigor. ( line breeding is ok to a point to select the best of the best ) and be ready to cull ANY subpar birds. Just remember it takes time to build a rep but never sell or even give away subpar birds cull them cause it only takes one bad to tarnish you.

Last edited:
We have internationally rare standard-bred American White Dorkings--only a very few breeders possess them--and ours are the best. The White Dorking is the first dual-purpose fowl to make culinary history in the modern age. It is older than the United States of America and worthy of centuries of reputation. Trust no unproven ersatz fowl. Each pair comes with a detailed lineage bound to put your peers to shame. Wow the crowds and enjoy some of the best poultry the world has ever seen. Invest in the best! Ignore the rest!

Select pairs available for a mere $10,000. However, the first 50 customers will get a 50% discount as part of this limited time offer. Don't wait! Order today, while supplies last.

Last edited:
I would steer clear if you just cause of your arrogance. See that "mine are the best" op watch out for that. Perfect peddler scam thanks for the example.

Last edited:
We have internationally rare standard-bred American White Dorkings--only a very few breeders possess them--and ours are the best. The White Dorking is the first dual-purpose fowl to make culinary history in the modern age. It is older than the United States of America and worthy of centuries of reputation. Trust no unproven ersatz fowl. Each pair comes with a detailed lineage bound to put your peers to shame. Wow the crowds and enjoy some of the best poultry the world has ever seen. Invest in the best! Ignore the rest!

Select pairs available for a mere $10,000. However, the first 50 customers will get a 50% discount as part of this limited time offer. Don't wait! Order today, while supplies last.

There is no way I would buy from a seller who promoted their self like this. What makes your the best? Who tracks your lineage? What are your conditions as a breeder? How long have you been breeding? Why give a 50% discount if your birds are in such high demand? Sales are used to move items that aren't moving. Apparently your birds aren't moving and you are the reason why.

Pifft. Dorkings.

Y'all should buy my Black Australorps. Only $36,000 for a breeding pair. They are so black and shiny, and lay eggs, too! Each rooster in the line has won Double-Triple Blue Ribbon Gold Plated Champion Reserve and the hens always, ALWAYS win Best Breed in Show.

What shows were those, you asked?

I can't remember off the top of my head. ANYWAY.

For $58,000 a pair... Oh, I'm sorry... I meant $36,000 a pair, you can enjoy MY poultry. I promise no one has ever SEEN chickens like this! Their toenails are made of diamonds.

/satire

MrsB

Last edited:
Pifft. Dorkings.

Y'all should buy my Black Australorps. Only $36,000 for a breeding pair. They are so black and shiny, and lay eggs, too! Each rooster in the line has won Double-Triple Blue Ribbon Gold Plated Champion Reserve and the hens always, ALWAYS win Best Breed in Show.

For $58,000 a pair... Oh, I'm sorry... I meant $36,000 a pair, you can enjoy MY poultry. I promise no one has ever SEEN chickens like this! Their toenails are made of diamonds.

/satire

MrsB

Save me a pair!

Pifft. Dorkings.

/satire

MrsB

Would you consider offering a 90% discount if I was willing to pick them up in person?

Back
Top Bottom