Most expensive chicken contest — CLOSED

I have a Rooster that when he eats any feed with cracked corn has terrible heartburn. I recently added him to my health plan as a dependent and have scheduled him for a colonoscopy procedure later this month.

I haven't received his final bill, but the medications alone should top what I have read in here.

Oh....Does the story have to be true?

Hoot

Oh, OK terrielacy I guess your post means you want the contest to be closed...I was enjoying the posts trickling in but I guess I should judge now. I hadn't realized how difficult it would be to pick winners; everyone's post was like a wonderful gift in my inbox. But here goes:

Winner, top dollar amount: LilPeeps, who, according to my calculations, spent an average of $1079.62 on each of her show chickens, including that beautiful black silkie. Runner up: Gospelsoldier for his ill-fated trip to buy a silver duckwing, which must have cost him close to that amount.

Winner, best story: A TIE between dixiechick's tale of kids + chickens, and Gospelsoldier's Christmas story, both of which caused me to laugh so hard I started crying. Runners up: hinkjc for the story about paying a vet to catch and diagnose a wild turkey with coccidiosis (I had great fun imagining what that was like), and Birch Run Farm for the idiotic cable-man story.

Winner, most worthwhile expenditure: Attack Chicken, who I'm sure has not had a single moment of regret for doing everything she could to save Sandy. Runner up: walkswithdog, whose $80 roo ain't afraid of jack (I'd pay $80 any day for a hawk-tackling roo).

Thank you so much to everyone for participating, and please forgive my subjectivity. My motivation for posting this contest was to see if I'm crazy to spend $180 on a sick chicken. Now I know there are a lot of people who love chickens as much as I do! ;-)

That was a hen that attacked the hawk. Not a roo...lol makes it even better.

oops, I thought only roos had wattles...my mistake, sorry!!​

Back
Top Bottom