Hi all, I am afraid it's time. As I described in https://www.backyardchickens.com/t/...ees-when-trying-to-look-at-me-new-behavior/10 my chicken had wry neck, as well as coccidiosis, over Christmas. She seemed to be doing better, and I actually reunited her with the flock--she remained very low on the pecking order but wasn't overtly bullied. She gained weight. She seemed fine yesterday but when I went to close the coop last night I noticed that she was on the ground. I thought she was bullied off the roost, and picked her up to put her on the roost, but she fell onto the ground. I realized something was wrong, and took her inside the garage for the night. I tried to feed her then but she was in a chicken-sleep-coma. Her neck is retracted into her body, and her head twitches about. It looks like the last case of wry neck, but worse. She can't seem to straighten it out to eat or drink. Last time she could eat and drink. I've been trying to feed her tuna and egg with vitamins, as that cured it last time, but she really can't eat. She can't peck at anything. Her head constantly twitches. I noticed that her crop was still full this morning (it was palpable) as if perhaps there's something neurological that's preventing the food from moving?? Is that possible? I also gave them a general wormer last month. So 1. Does this sound like a return of wry neck or something else? 2. Is there anything I can do? 3. Is she suffering--how do you know if a chicken is in pain? 4. Is it time to euthanize her (the DIY version)? I wouldn't call her a pet, although she has a name. I'm not desperate to save her, but I do want to honor her living, egg-laying, and will let her go (humanely) when it's time. DH and I have had some interesting conversations this morning about the best way to dispatch a chicken--often I read about this in terms of butchering but that won't be the case here. I am leaning towards waiting till night, when she's asleep, hanging her upside down for more coma-effects, and shooting(DH is a good shot). He works in wildlife and can do cervical dislocation. Again, I want to emphasize that I want to honor her, and to let her go as peacefully as possible. DH said no to taking her to the vet for an injection--which I asked about only half-kiddingly. If there's hope of her recovery, I'll do what I can within reason. She's 4 years old.