Most reliable hatcheries for Jumbo Coturnix Quail??

View attachment 3743914

They have shifted their focus to their Quailology program, last time I was out and picked up some eggs I was talking with him about it and while they are no longer selling hatching eggs, they are not getting out of Coturnix, just not producing the amount of eggs needed for selling.
I saw that. Out of curiosity, I clicked on the Quailology link and it went to an expired website.

I had a set of 30+ eggs from Sandy Soil Farms, who say they're not selling eggs this year. Unfortunately, probably due to my inexperience, I had a very poor hatch rate with those eggs and I don't think I have any of the few that hatched left so my birds are almost certainly all Myshire and I initially had a lot of aggression issues with both males and females, but Darwinism seems to have taken care of that problem.
Hi there. We are not currently selling eggs, but we can still ship you some replacement eggs if you had a poor hatch. Shoot me an Email or use the contact form on our website and I'll get some sent out to you. -Jason

Hi there. We are not currently selling eggs, but we can still ship you some replacement eggs if you had a poor hatch. Shoot me an Email or use the contact form on our website and I'll get some sent out to you. -Jason
Jason,

I meant no disparagement by my comment about your eggs. I'm sure it was my fault that so few hatched. I blame my inexperience and choice of incubator (a cheapo from Amazon) much more than the eggs. In February of 23, you shipped 36 eggs. Of them, after 14 days in the incubator, 6 showed no signs of development. Of the 30 that went into lock down, 9 hatched. I suspect it was a combination of humidity and temperature fluctuations that doomed the other 21.

Thanks for the offer of eggs, but there's no need. I'm planning to reduce the number of birds I have because I'm slowly transitioning from the suburbs to the country and won't be hatching anything new until I'm settled. When that time comes, if you have returned to selling eggs, I'll happily consider ordering more from you.

Back
Top Bottom