Most Scenic Poultry Photo!! CONTEST CLOSED

This is most of my soon-to-be-bigger flock of nine Barred Rocks. As you can see, most of my girls are moving (not running) away from our Black Lab Amanda - or Hammy - who, even though a bird dog is very good with our birds and watches over them. See the one walking toward Hammy? She is:

Lunachick
10 months hatched
Barred Rock
Ruler of the Roost, has a mind of her own. She, like the rest of the girls is very friendly and sweet. All come running when we walk around the corner of the house. Nearly impossible to get photos because they run right at you!
Description of photo is above, along with the fact that the trees in the background are a small Cypress stand in the Appalachians in East Tennessee at about 1600 ft. elev. It looks so cool when they get their "leaves".
Very cute barred rocks!!!!!! and.............
welcome-byc.gif

Yes, they ARE cute, aren't they! Thanks for the welcome Disco Hen, although I have been here for almost a year, just don't post very often.

This is most of my soon-to-be-bigger flock of nine Barred Rocks. As you can see, most of my girls are moving (not running) away from our Black Lab Amanda - or Hammy - who, even though a bird dog is very good with our birds and watches over them. See the one walking toward Hammy? She is:

Lunachick
10 months hatched
Barred Rock
Ruler of the Roost, has a mind of her own. She, like the rest of the girls is very friendly and sweet. All come running when we walk around the corner of the house. Nearly impossible to get photos because they run right at you!
Description of photo is above, along with the fact that the trees in the background are a small Cypress stand in the Appalachians in East Tennessee at about 1600 ft. elev. It looks so cool when they get their "leaves".

I was looking back through the pics and took a closer look at you Barred Rocks and thought, hummm, they all look the same, like jail birds, to me. How could you tell them apart?
So do you give the name "lunachick" to the hen that is crazy enough to walk TOWARD the dog?!?!?

Choco, 6 month old Easter Egger
Personality : Sweet girl who is super sassy most of the time. Will run to you if you have food and walk toward you if you squat down and might have food. She likes to hang out underneath the loquat tree where she bathes in the sand. Then waits for the rooster to get some loquat down for her :)
Pic : Hanging out under the loquat tree giving us the stink eye telling us not to put her back in her run yet :)

I was looking back through the pics and took a closer look at you Barred Rocks and thought, hummm, they all look the same, like jail birds, to me. How could you tell them apart?
So do you give the name "lunachick" to the hen that is crazy enough to walk TOWARD the dog?!?!?

Lobzi, believe it or not when they're yours you can tell the difference! But Lunachick is very distinctive, she is much lighter than the others, just can't tell in this photo. She has been one crazy little girl since she was a peep. Jailbirds...never thought of that! Hilarious!

Last edited:
Lobzi, believe it or not when they're yours you can tell the difference! But Lunachick is very distinctive, she is much lighter than the others, just can't tell in this photo. She has been one crazy little girl since she was a peep. Jailbirds...never thought of that! Hilarious!

lol!

Here's Coppercana!
He's an EE crossed with a Black Copper Marans.
Hatched in the summer(2011)
He's not a man fighter but gave my 4 year old a little run one day. Ever since, my boy's been ready with a stick when we go to the coop.

Back
Top Bottom