Most simple, no touch incubator. Does that exsist?

ging3rhoffman

Songster
10 Years
Feb 23, 2009
I want to make sure that I get the right incubator. I will only have 4 to 12 eggs at a time. I was hoping since i was a newbie that i could order a bator that you turn on and walk away and waaalaaa theres cute healthy chicks in there in a couple of weeks.
jumpy.gif

I just hate to lose baby chicks due to ignorance and I could read until my eyes pop out and still feel like I would do something wrong. Is there such a thing as a worry free incubator??

I would say that I strongly doubt there is such a thing. An awesome bator for 18 eggs or less is the Lyon TX6 with auto turner. It still does require some watching, especially if the room temp varies widely. I suppose if you could keep the room at the recommended 70 degrees constant, it would be pretty close to worry free. You just have to fill the water bottle a time or two during the hatch and turn off the turner on Day 18.

Quote:
Lyon is a good bator, but Brinsea gives you more bang for your money.

Consider Brinsea 20 ECO (on sale now) holds temperature rock solid, but you still have to watch and adjust humidity.

There are also more advanced Brinsea models more expensive of course with total humidity control and management.

True plug and play toys.

Go to Brinsea website and do your homework.

Quote:
You said it!
Using an LG, the results from my first setting of eggs - 0%. Second setting of eggs - 0%.
Using Esther the Broody Phoenix - 60%.

What about Browers, folks? Any comments? It holds more eggs than I would probably have, do you know if you can run it half full?

I, too, am thinking of the Brinsea ECO since it is on sale, does it come with a thermometer and hygrometer, or must you go get one?
hmm.png

Quote:
According to their website, it comes with a conventional thermometer, but I believe you have to buy the hygrometer.

Quote:
lau.gif
'Xactly!! This model will even keep dear chickies warm and out of trouble after they hatch! What more could you ask for?
wink.png

I like my Hovabator Genesis. Today it is officially retired to a hatcher since I have my Sportsman running.
woot.gif
But it is pretty much plug-n-play if you buy the auto turner. It is a good choice if you don't want to spend a ton of money.

Back
Top Bottom