Most submissive male, or irresistible female?

BOOMchickengirl

In the Brooder
Mar 28, 2021
Got 4 chicks in March, and all have turned out to be cockrelles. We got 3 silkies at Easter, and because they are such slow developers I have no idea what they are. I working on rehoming three of the cockrelles, but that's another topic. Three of them are pretty much gentlemen. One constantly hounds one of our silkies, mounting it as often as possible. It doesn't seem to bother it much in the coop or run, but it's often every few min when free ranging. I've set up places for it to escape to that is too small for any of the big boys to enter. But the poor thing likes to just hang out between my legs because it knows I will protect it. It's not just mounting, there is at least a definite attempt at a cloacal kiss because when I've interrupted I have seen whitish fluid on the silkie's back. The silkies are about the size of quail, and the cochin banty boys are about full size. So I feel especially bad for the silkie. It's mostly one boy that hounds it, but they all seem to give that one attention, and mostly ignore the other silkies and the slightly younger polish (pretty sure they are all female).
So here's my big question: Is the hounded silkie the weakest male and they just like to dominate him, or it is a fantastically irresistible teen girl?

Thanks for your help.

Back
Top Bottom