Emrosenagel

Chirping
Oct 2, 2020
Hello!

I have a mother hen (Cochin bantam) with three week old chicks. She acts fine, doing her job well, and her poops look perfectly normal, but I noticed today right after she took a drink of water, she spit it all up and sneezed. I only saw her do this once before the day after the chicks hatched. Any ideas? I heard sometimes they squish their crop if they bend over.

She also got quite pale since the chicks hatched. I don’t know if she’s eating enough. Her crop is never very full, but she certainly poops enough! Does she look ok?

Attachments

• image.jpg
    image.jpg
    543.3 KB · Views: 1
What's her diet? How'd her crop feel?
She’s eating the medicated chick feed at the moment. Her crop is generally pretty empty, at least early in the day. She’s always eating, and her poops are very normal. Every time I take her away from her chicks to eat or have a dust bath, she’s too stressed about being away from them to do anything.

She’s eating the medicated chick feed at the moment. Her crop is generally pretty empty, at least early in the day. She’s always eating, and her poops are very normal. Every time I take her away from her chicks to eat or have a dust bath, she’s too stressed about being away from them to do anything.
I wouldn't worry too much then

Back
Top Bottom