Motherhood isn't for whimps!

Thanks everyone, I really appreciate the kind words. We really plan out our breedings because a bluetick can birth up to 16 puppies in a single litter. Jane has had two litters 9 in the first litter which will be a year old the end of August and this litter. Lance and I are debating whether to spay her or not. We don't want her to get that forlorn saggy hound look, but she's such a great dog! We usually don't breed this close together, but we really wanted a litter off of the sire Tonto. He's getting older and had no puppies on the ground. Janie's an awesome Mama. She even spends time playing with the babies every day. Big brother Oz also spends time with his little half siblings as well. I'm glad you think we are keeping her in good shape. We really work on keeping our brood dogs in good condition. We feed them a high nutrition dry food plus add in things like mackerel, scrambled eggs, and sausage n' gravy. We keep this up until the babies are completely weaned. We always worry that they could get down with calcium deficiency, so we work hard to keep weight on.

I thought I would add some more photos to give you some smiles.
TontoPuppiesJuly001.jpg

Here's some pics of Ozzy playing with the babies.
TontoPuppiesJuly035.jpg

TontoPuppiesJuly034.jpg

TontoPuppiesJuly033.jpg

TontoPuppiesJuly030.jpg

Here's Janie getting in on the fun!
TontoPuppiesJuly019.jpg

TontoPuppiesJuly011.jpg

TontoPuppiesJuly008.jpg

TontoPuppiesJuly007.jpg

awww, so cute! I love all the pics, especially the second to last one where the puppy's smiling right at the camera, too cute!
love.gif
you obviously do a very nice job of raising and taking care of these dogs, they all look healthy, happy, and well fed. great job and congrats!
big_smile.png
thumbsup.gif

What beautiful pups! And mom too! I like your post title, too true! That means us human moms too you know!
smile.png
I mean us moms of pups, lol!
We bred our two golden retrievers for the same reason as you. This is our 2nd and last litter. They are definitely worth it, at that cute stage right now- eyes just opened yesterday, but by the time they go, I will be happy. Now- to decide which one we're going to keep!
Have fun with those pups!

How darn cute! She is a great Mom and you're obviously taking great care of all of them. Beautiful, all of them!

Thanks, We are certainly proud of them! I still have some puppies available if one of you need an anti-raccoon deterrent for your chickens. Unless he's suicidal, Mr. Ringtail leaves my chickens alone. LOL. Feel free to contact us anytime. (205)429-4760 thanks, Amy

Back
Top Bottom