MOTTLED COCHIN THREAD~!

Pics

Hi! I'm new to the Mottled forum and have my single mottled roo here that I hatched from eggs I got from someone in Kentucky. I have him in with a buff hen that I got from WestKnollAmy's Mille Fluer Eggs. I would like to know your opinions on him. I have him with my split to Mille Buff in hopes of getting more Mille offspring. I'm hoping to aquire more mottled hens in the future.

He is most handsome! I love him! Nice type and pattern on him.
love.gif

I can't believe she grew up to be solid buff color! LOL I rarely get that but it has happened.

He is most handsome! I love him! Nice type and pattern on him.
love.gif

I can't believe she grew up to be solid buff color! LOL I rarely get that but it has happened.
Thanks!!! I'm just starting to breed cochins and I need all your expert opinions. I have to say they have become my favorite breed since hatching them. The buff girl has a little bit of white ticking around her neck but you can't really tell from the pics. If you click on my avatar and scroll down to my cochin album, I have a Mille Flue roo, and what I think would be called a Blue Mille Roo that are from your eggs. I am now addicted to bantam cochins...lol..

Last edited:
I breed these colored girls all the time and get very nice offspring. Most boys are less than well marked but I place mine with the boys that have very little white and enjoy the offspring. I do get some overly white kids but also get some phenomenal kids, too. It is a lot of hit and miss most of the time anyhow. When I breed 2 well marked Mottleds I seldom get well marked kids. It takes years sometimes for them to show their good white tipping so it is a toss up. Keep her and put her in your breeding pen.

Thanks Amy!
I am happy to hear this! She really is my favorite.

LF Mottleds are very hard to find. I was fortunate to get eggs from someone on here but the 2 that hatched did not do well. Probably shipping and my incubator since they were in there for 4 weeks before hatching.
I hope to try again later this summer because LF Mottleds are so pretty and so rare.

Back
Top Bottom