Mottled Orpington Egg Hatched - Close up photos - Julie

I got 28 eggs from Bama in January.... almost all were clear. I don't know if it was cold issues or postal issues. I had 3 that hatched, 2 of which were marked mottled. I posted pics originally....cutie pies for sure.

Now I have trouble picking them out from the other chicks hatched at that time...lol.

So far no mottling showing but I didn't expect to see anything , if any, until they molt out. Am I wrong in thinking I need to wait for a molt to see mottling ??

Julie
big_smile.png

I wouldn't think so since I have a little mottled cochin bantam hen and she has her markings.Maybe different with mottled orps though.

Hey, I got back late this evening. Very pretty chick. I will be interested in how it turns out. As you know this is a project in the works. You may not get a mottled chick even though it comes from that pen. I have the Roo over two completely black girls and one that is the mother of my Roo who used to be Black and white but molted out black and now has a few white feathers coming back in. My Roo started out black except for some white feathering in the wings. by three months he had white spots on the chest and as he aged he got whiter and whiter. His legs were a give away. They were not dark like a black bird should be.

Back
Top Bottom