Mottled/Spangled Orpingtons

Pics
Just joined this thread. I am expecting my spangled orps this week. Literally took out a loan to purchase them... I would not recommend doing it if you value your sanity. Pretty sure I have an addiction.. (poor dh) I'm not currently planning on breeding any project colors from them since I am just not that adventurous and the mottled look is plenty beautiful to satisfy my crazy chicken fetish. Now the very long waiting game begins.....

Congrats!!!!!

Im in love with my spangled Orpingtons. I think they are the most beautiful Orpingtons we have here in the United States.

Im very happy for you. They are the sweetest birds!!

Please post pics when you get them.

OMG I want every one of the beauties you guys have posted!!! I want mottled lavendar and mottled black... just want 'em all!
droolin.gif

*runs off to sell house so we can buy beautiful chickens* Where might one go to purchase eggs/chicks from the mottled orps? Sorry if this has been covered, but I scanned through and didn't see it!

OMG I want every one of the beauties you guys have posted!!! I want mottled lavendar and mottled black... just want 'em all!
droolin.gif

*runs off to sell house so we can buy beautiful chickens* Where might one go to purchase eggs/chicks from the mottled orps? Sorry if this has been covered, but I scanned through and didn't see it!
There isnt anyone who sells %100 English Imported Spangled eggs or chicks, but from time to time you can find a auction for a breeding pair of juveniles around 8 weeks old. They have been consistently been selling for around $1500. Marc Sacre is the Original Importer of this variety (%100 English Imported).

Im sure they will become more available once the handful of breeders that have them now begin to recieve fertile eggs from their breeding pairs.

Thank you so very much! I love the pics of yours, they look to have sweet little faces. Mine should be here Thursday unless it takes more than 2 days in the mail. I will def share some pics.

Ah well that is a wee bit out of my price range (or so the hubby says... *sigh*) They are beautiful birds though. Maybe I will eventually get some. Til then, I will continue to admire y'alls pictures! :)

Renie...I have been keeping an eye out on the auction page and I have not seen anything listed. Perhaps I could be looking it over. Have you seen some listed here recently?

It's because the listing said Mottle/Spangle not Mottled, so if you are searching Mottled it won't hit with a match. Make sure you search with Mottle when looking.

Meet "Nitro" our 5 month old Mottle/Spangle Orpington Rooster. He is a big guy. This picture was take a couple weeks ago and he is already bigger and crowing! He is a gentle giant!

Many have asked where I am.......I'm here.....I will be watching for the next generation to slowly grow......

Back
Top Bottom