Mottled/Spangled Orpingtons

Pics

jeremy

CA Royal Blues
13 Years
Mar 23, 2008
Oakland, CA
There seems to be some newfound interest in this relatively rare color of Orpington (in the United States), I figured I would start this thread in hopes of creating a place where breeders could come together and discuss the genetics behind this variety and their projects, share pictures of their birds, etc.

OrpMott.JPEG

I currently have a flock of pure Imported English Blue, Black and Splash Orpingtons. I plan on adding the Mottled variety sometime next year (hopefully) and I personally will be breeding towards the British SOP, eventually working with Black and Blue Mottled Orps. I also was considering a Chocolate Mottled project as well.
smile.png

Let's discuss!
caf.gif
pop.gif

Last edited:
Not really new here,as we've been working on them for years. I love the mottled appearance.
love.gif

I'm so glad I found this. I'm putting together my pen of projects hopefully they will start laying soon. Will anyone be selling any hatching eggs?

Quote:
Jody, do you have any pictures of adult mottled lavenders? I looked at the links your husband gave me and did a search, but I couldn't find any full grown mottled lavenders.

Back
Top Bottom