Mountain Peeps's Chat Thread...Continued!

As long as you don’t get attached to them then butchering for the dogs isn’t a problem. I put 9 or 10 in the freezer for bob and Rex back in April.
I was talking to a lady back a while ago and she said she would handle the rabbits a lot but not like, make them pets if that makes sense. I've honestly had so many smaller animals die in the past (chickens, rabbits, rodents, ducks, ect) that I don't bond with them anymore. Which breed is bigger? The dogs can eat usually 1.5-2 pounds per day depending on work load.

I was talking to a lady back a while ago and she said she would handle the rabbits a lot but not like, make them pets if that makes sense. I've honestly had so many smaller animals die in the past (chickens, rabbits, rodents, ducks, ect) that I don't bond with them anymore. Which breed is bigger? The dogs can eat usually 1.5-2 pounds per day depending on work load.
It’s always easier to handle an animal if they’re used to it. I’ve had rabbits leave cuts a foot long on my arms because they didn’t get much interaction. There’s a line between enough and too much handling. :lol:
That’s understandable. Flemish is the biggest, I think they can get around 25lbs. They might be 8lbs at butcher age. My mixes and New Zealand’s dress at about 5-6 lbs in 12 weeks.

I'm the exact opposite. If I'm even allowed to see an animal, I bond with it pretty much instantly. No matter what it is. :p
Like, recently, I've bonded with a cat I don't even know the name of, I just call it Kitty. It sits with my chickens, so now it's part of the crew? XD

They're doing good however I lost Gracie a couple weeks ago. She was my favorite:hit:hitAnd this was my first time losing a flock member, which is pretty amazing considering I've had them so long but man, it was sad.:(
How are your birds?:)

I'm so sorry, Sarah!! :hugs It is always very hard losing a chicken, especially a favorite. I know you gave her a wonderful life! :hugs In fact I don't know anyone who treats their chickens better!!

My birds are doing great, thanks! I've been treating my favorite "Bibby" she is the hen in my avatar. She's been dealing with wry neck, I had been treating her and she was improving very quickly... but a few days ago a very aggressive rooster (who is being rehomed ASAP) pecked her eye. The stress from that made her neck worse, now I am treating both. She is improving, slowly but surely :)

Hello! I'm back again. (FORMERLY theneonpanther on here, like I said earlier. I just went on another hiatus!)
Anyways, exciting news. I'm getting a new enclosure and decorations for my pet coturnix quail, as well as another hen. I currently have 1 male and 2 hens but it does appear another hen is needed. I'm hoping I can stay active this time..:thumbsup
I can't wait to show it to everyone after Christmas!

Back
Top Bottom