Mountain quail eggs... why still so high in price?

The demand will be so big you'll need a HUGE flock. The BYC folks are already going to start beating down your door! (and I'd be one of them
smile.png
)

Last edited:
well, i will only be able to sell the eggs i get. hopefully, the ones i sell, will in turn lay and be sold too. i may start off with a breeding pair, keep a few eggs to hatch myself, and sell the rest. that would get a few eggs out there to start.

Quote:
i don't have any right now. come april, i'm going to bite the bullet and buy some with extra cash i have. then i'll raise them up and sell the eggs here cheap. i probably won't have any eggs untiol spring 2011 though. maybe a few late in the year being from florida. i'm not even going to run an auction for them. just a flat rate plus shipping. i think $1.50-$2.00/egg is the price mark. i can't see myself gouging for anything more than that.

Well you now have found a source for some cheap eggs!

Reality is Mountian quail eggs cost more because of several reasons!

it will only take a few people to sell their eggs cheaper, then everyone else will have to or they won't sell them. simple supply and demand. i'm planning on hatching some this spring and selling the eggs when they're ready, for much cheaper, just because i can. i don't need the money and i also think the prices are insane.

In My Opinion: shawnkfl is right................simple supply and demand!

But is wrong about ...........it only taking a few people to sell their eggs cheap to bring everyone elses down! ..................Mountain quail are harder to raise than say a coturnix quail, there is not enough mountain quail raised in a year to supply the demand, BUT Mountians have come down in price over the last few years, beacuse of more success in producing them. SO if you can't afford them, their may be hope in future years.

I have raised Mountain quail and normally kept about 20 for breeding, so I am not speaking from quessing or future plans of raising them..............I am speaking from raising birds for many years.

Mountaingroup.jpg

Back
Top Bottom