Mouse poop in feed

dixiechik44

In the Brooder
7 Years
Jul 24, 2012
Vancouver Island
Hello everyone!

I recently won a feed bag (from a show) and I didn't put it in one of my bins. (they keep away the mice) But, unfortunately the darn mice chewed through my feed bag (in under a week
ep.gif
) So now, there is quite a bit of mouse poop in it! Would it make them very sick or kill them, or would it be okay to feed it to them? Also, what is a fast way to get rid of mice (cheaply!) because we are going to be selling our house, and we DO NOT want mice!!!

Thank you!

dixiechik44

here kitty kitty kitty! nothing has worked for me so far, i clean their feeder fill it up and next morning it has turds in it and mouse poo too! so they must be eating it but i wouldnt think it would be healthy at all for them. they carry a lot of disease. so throw if u can, keep if u cant

Unfortunately, our kitty recently passed away, so no mouse chasing for us! :( Should I start putting the feed in our house instead of unfinished basement/crawl space? Or will the mice go away once I lock up the feed better?

If you can find a place that the mice can get but other animals can't , super glue some feed onto a mouse trap and set it there. The mice are used to eating the feed so they will go right for it and well you know the rest. Keep doing that til you stop catching them for awhile. It's worked for me. Hope it helps.

ive seen 30 mice out there at one time and i have 2 barn cats, and i am terrified of mice. been thinking bout putting cat in coop and best man wins

bringing it in the house will just draw the mice in, and no containing the feed hasnt helped because there eating what ur feeding the chickens. there in the coop

Granny I have a small box trap for mice that I got from agway for $15 I think. Maybe if you use something like that baited with feed and put all your feed and feeders away at night they will pile in the trap. I've seen ten at a time go in them. They are still alive so what you do with them after that is up to you, but they will be out of your feed at least ! I know kids that like to feed them to local bass ponds.

what is an agway? there is a pond over the hill. do u kno is it just called a mouse box? will most def. try it if i can find it .THANK YOU !

Agway is a feed and farm type store. Small version of, say, tractor supply? Do you have those? Mine is a couple inches tall and maybe 8x10 inches and says jt eaton on it. It has a plastic window on top and an entrance with a spring loaded flap on each end. They go in and can't get out. I don't know how to post a picture but if you look on google and type live trap for mice jt eaton then click images it will show it. Mice fattened up on chicken feed make for big tasty fish!

Back
Top Bottom