Mouse under the coop

PippinTheChicken

🧡🤍💙
Mar 19, 2021
UK
My Coop
My Coop
I was out in the run this morning when I saw a little mouse peek out from under the coop.
My chickens didn't seem to notice, and I doubt a little mouse THAT small could cause any big problems like stealing eggs or injuring the chickens.
I do have 2 hens raising little chicks though.
What do I do?

I was out in the run this morning when I saw a little mouse peek out from under the coop.
My chickens didn't seem to notice, and I doubt a little mouse THAT small could cause any big problems like stealing eggs or injuring the chickens.
I do have 2 hens raising little chicks though.
What do I do?
You can get mouse poison (fish flavored it attracts mice) and after they eat it they die

I don't want to buy mouse poison in case the birds eat it
Did the mouse create any holes? Stuff it in there with a stick so your chickens can't get it or you can get a HAVAHART mouse trap (I've used it before and it's extremely great! I've gotten a bunch of animals in them!) here's a link for one Havahart Mouse Trap

If you do use it make sure to put peanut butter mice LOVE it a lot

The mice come in, scare the birds, then steal the grain. They're a problem.

I have a cabinet in my coop that I set a Victor mouse trap in every day, and catch a mouse every day in it. It works great.

If a simple trap like that doesn't work for you, some do the bucket trap. Though I've never tried one, I hear they work well. ;)

If a simple trap like that doesn't work for you, some do the bucket trap. Though I've never tried one, I hear they work well. ;)
lol I have a huge bucket in my garage (not meant for killing mice) and last year when I was cleaning out my garage I found 3 dead mice that looked liked they were dead for 2 days.

I have tried many things and now use bait stations. You can put the bait in a bait station and put the bait station in a pet carrier and then nothing but the mouse/rat can get to the bait. I have some in my barn which is right behind my coops up on shelves and mice and rats are good climbers and will find it. Good luck...

I had an infestation. There were some tunnels around outside of the coops and barn. I did not find any dead mice or rats. I assume they went into their tunnels and died. Good luck...

Back
Top Bottom