Mousers?

Here are some of my ladies. This was the second mouse of the day. One got ripped apart and one got swallowed whole and I don't remember which fate this particular mouse came to.
I also fling them mouse bodies from my snap traps and those are usually appreciated.
LOL Chickens have the worst FOMO ever! One has something and its game on its like watching football it goes from one to another until a hen finally wins the prize!

LOL Chickens have the worst FOMO ever! One has something and its game on its like watching football it goes from one to another until a hen finally wins the prize!
They are so funny! The way the mouse got swallowed whole was because the chicken in possession of the prize got cornered by her flock mates and couldn’t see a way out so she just swallowed the whole damn thing. I was a bit worried about her but she suffered no I’ll effects that I could see.
Can’t say the same for the mouse of course.

They are so funny! The way the mouse got swallowed whole was because the chicken in possession of the prize got cornered by her flock mates and couldn’t see a way out so she just swallowed the whole damn thing. I was a bit worried about her but she suffered no I’ll effects that I could see.
Can’t say the same for the mouse of course.
My leghorn did the same! that's when I learned that chickens eating mice was a real thing!!! I think chickens are hysterical to watch! One of my favorite things when I am out working

Here are some of my ladies. This was the second mouse of the day. One got ripped apart and one got swallowed whole and I don't remember which fate this particular mouse came to.
I also fling them mouse bodies from my snap traps and those are usually appreciated.
Given TWO of them know about that mouse, I think I can make an educated guess where the pieces of that mouse went !

I call my chickens the Beetles to Breakfast Machine. Put beetles from the bug lamp in one end, get eggs out the other !!

Aaron

and since were there.

Q: What does Yoko Ono and a Chicken have in common?
A. They both live off of dead Beatles :p

Given TWO of them know about that mouse, I think I can make an educated guess where the pieces of that mouse went !

I call my chickens the Beetles to Breakfast Machine. Put beetles from the bug lamp in one end, get eggs out the other !!

Aaron

and since were there.

Q: What does Yoko Ono and a Chicken have in common?
A. They both live off of dead Beatles :p
Oh you just answered a question I have been pondering - whether the chickens will eat bugs zapped by a bug zapper. I was thinking of hanging one up in the run but wasn't sure if they would eat already dead bugs. Sounds like they do!

Oh you just answered a question I have been pondering - whether the chickens will eat bugs zapped by a bug zapper. I was thinking of hanging one up in the run but wasn't sure if they would eat already dead bugs. Sounds like they do!
Yes!!they will I have one of those fun electric fly swatters that look like a tennis racket that I swat fly's on my patio with the girls gather round and wait for the fly's to fall!

Ok, so now I don't feel nearly as bad about calling my live catch mouse trap the 'snack box'.
Sick but I do love the anticipation on those faces when I pop that sucker open and shake the trap out.
I call them like an old timey carnival barker, "squeakers! get your piping hot squeakers here!"
I mentioned sick right? :lau

Ok, so now I don't feel nearly as bad about calling my live catch mouse trap the 'snack box'.
Sick but I do love the anticipation on those faces when I pop that sucker open and shake the trap out.
I call them like an old timey carnival barker, "squeakers! get your piping hot squeakers here!"
I mentioned sick right? :lau
When you live with these little dinosaurs you develop a different sense of humor!!! Love it!!

Oh heck yeah they'll hang around the bug lamp.
I in fact think it might actually cause a health issue.
I have one she will stand out there until like 2 am at that friggin lamp, every time it zaps she pecks at it to knock whatever hit the grid, onto the ground so she can eat it. The rest are sleeping, not her. They will love that lamp

Aaron

Back
Top Bottom