Move Over Prozac ;D

Discussion in 'Random Ramblings' started by max13077, Jun 14, 2008.

1. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

I know people have said it and I think I have posted it on here too. But I was just sitting out watching my girls and I don’t think here’s a more relaxing activity on earth than watching chickens mill about and do their thing. They were enjoying a “grass-sicle.” I’d thrown out some lettuce for them. Plus I dug them a couple holes for them to hunt in. I went back in the house after about 20 minutes and looked at the clock…. Ooops! 20 minutes, I meant 2 hours!!!

2. tx_dane_mom

tx_dane_mom Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 23, 2007
    SE Texas
    We're in the process of rebuilding my pen today and they're all diging in the old post holes and every time my husband makes a mark w/his foot the chicksn come along and scratch over it and he doesn't understand why that's funny to me. But I dare not laff! [​IMG]

3. greyfields

greyfields Overrun With Chickens

Mar 15, 2007
    Washington State
    The only thing more effective than farming as an anti-drpression/anxiety pill is farming with a nice big, fat tractor. Driving around in circles. If I were a cat, I'd purr while doing that.

But waching the geese is fun, too!

4. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

Farming is relaxing!!?? Not at our house! I think the only way I'd find farming relaxing is if our entire yearly income didn't depend on it!

5. azelgin

azelgin Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 18, 2008
    S.E. AZ
    I'm glad someone else finds relaxation with their chickens! My neighbors think we're crazy when we tell them we go sit wth the chickens and share a few beers. Much better than Prozac.
    [​IMG]
    That's what the lawn chair and table are for.

6. max13077

max13077 Chillin' With My Peeps

Nice silvers!!!![​IMG]

7. Katy

Katy Flock Mistress

I hang my lawn chair on the outside of the fence.....got tired of wiping poo off of it!![​IMG]

Last edited: Jun 14, 2008
  8. krcote

krcote Chillin' With My Peeps

May 21, 2008
    Concord, NH
    I have a small stool that I leave inside the yard and every morning I sit with my girls to drink coffee and have cereal. When I get down to the bottom I put the bowl on the ground and they just love the soggy bits I don't care for! BEST way to start the day....

9. Mom 2em All

Mom 2em All Chillin' With My Peeps

Apr 20, 2008
    Southeast Michigan
    Oh! I sit out with mine in the mornings and have coffee too- its the perfect moments when everyone in my house are still sleeping, and it is when I have my 'me' time.

I dont care who thinks/knows I am crazy. [​IMG]

10. luvmychicknkids

luvmychicknkids Canning Squirrel

Mar 6, 2008
    Floresville, Texas
    Absolutely, I don't care how stressed I am, my chickens can make me feel better. Every time I go near them a few minutes turns into a LOT of minutes just staring at them and smiling. They are the most amazing little creatures.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by