Moved chickens to new coop

I am thinking about roofing the run i am here in CT and might just use some clear panels to maybe give them some heat in the winter. I will need to strengthen roof for the snow but that will be easy enough. I will get a pic later of the inside, thanks
I think just adding purlins for a typical panel install should be strong enough.
Looks like it's easily reachable with a roof rake or push(pull) broom if it needs to be cleared off.

I think just adding purlins for a typical panel install should be strong enough.
Looks like it's easily reachable with a roof rake or push(pull) broom if it needs to be cleared off.
Here is the inside pretty plain right now

Attachments

• 20200917_175903.jpg
    20200917_175903.jpg
    779.4 KB · Views: 10
  • 20200917_175839.jpg
    20200917_175839.jpg
    1.3 MB · Views: 10
I'm curious whether they still had access to the old coop, or whether the move involved a completely different location. I'm close to the point of finishing a new coop and I'm wondering whether they will move in on their own. I know that forcing the move works (and is recommended by everyone), but the scientist in me is curious whether they can evaluate housing and make the decision themselves. Thanks for any thoughts on the issue.

I'm curious whether they still had access to the old coop, or whether the move involved a completely different location. I'm close to the point of finishing a new coop and I'm wondering whether they will move in on their own. I know that forcing the move works (and is recommended by everyone), but the scientist in me is curious whether they can evaluate housing and make the decision themselves. Thanks for any thoughts on the issue.
Interesting notion. I wondered the same thing when moving my birds, but I figured that they're just chickens, and they will more than likely just go with what's familiar. But I'd like to know if it works.

so i Got done building the new coop, i was worried about how the chickens would take to it, they did good. I just moved them over and let them have access to the run also, they did not miss a beat Did not even stop laying eggs i was so happy and relieved.
That is quite a run...How did you get chicken wire up top? LOL...I cried about putting it on the top sections of my walls inside a garage. Chicken wire is such a pain!:rant

Back
Top Bottom