Moving chicks outside

Faraz1

Songster
Aug 16, 2019
So I have 3 Rhode Island Reds that i have been raising indoors. They are now 5 weeks old and have been staying indoors without a heat lamp for the past week or so. I was wondering when would be a good time to move them outside.

Indoor temperature is around 20-21C (70 Fahrenheit)
Outdoor temperature during daytimes is around 18C (65 Fahrenheit) and during the nights it can drop to around 10C (50 Fahrenheit)

They have fully feathered out and seem to be quite active indoors.

So I have 3 Rhode Island Reds that i have been raising indoors. They are now 5 weeks old and have been staying indoors without a heat lamp for the past week or so. I was wondering when would be a good time to move them outside.

Indoor temperature is around 20-21C (70 Fahrenheit)
Outdoor temperature during daytimes is around 18C (65 Fahrenheit) and during the nights it can drop to around 10C (50 Fahrenheit)

They have fully feathered out and seem to be quite active indoors.
I would put them out now.
Give them a huddle box (a box on it's side with the side flaps removed and the top flap hanging down) with lots of fluffy bedding in it and the entrance facing away from any potential drafts. Make it large enough for all of the chicks to pile in it and keep warm.

I would put them out now.
Give them a huddle box (a box on it's side with the side flaps removed and the top flap hanging down) with lots of fluffy bedding in it and the entrance facing away from any potential drafts. Make it large enough for all of the chicks to pile in it and keep warm.
If I have a coup do I need a huddle box?

If I have a coup do I need a huddle box?

The coop is their home.

A huddle box is a small box for them to snuggle in while they're babies.

I used their shipping box:

0923211053a.jpg

0925211309.jpg

I have a chick question that's similar. I have some 4 week old silkie chicks that can be moved outside. The thing is, the coop I would put them in would have 4 month old Silkies in it. Would the chicks get squished or would they get along?

Back
Top Bottom