Moving ducks outside...

Mommapig

Songster
6 Years
May 16, 2017
My house is at 75 degrees and my ducks are 5 weeks now. I will be moving them out this weekend! It is 100 degrees during the day and wondering if they'll adjust okay? Also, with it being that hot are they okay to swim in hose water temps?
Thanks!

okay 100F equals about 37C, which is hotter then any weather we have had this year (35C was the hottest)

i put my ducks outside, there about 9 weeks out in that weather (right now its like 31C) and there outside, i just give them lots of water (my ducks dislike pools they freak out when ever i try to get them to swim) but i did splash them with water, i got out the old Nerf super soakers and had a water fight with my ducks (they where about 8 weeks old at the time) they then tried to eat the water i was spraying them with and they then enjoyed playing in the mud.

again i might not be much help on this subject, just what i have done.

It's too much heat I'm worried about! Hoping they adapt quickly to a 30 degree heat increase! :cool:

okay 100F equals about 37C, which is hotter then any weather we have had this year (35C was the hottest)

i put my ducks outside, there about 9 weeks out in that weather (right now its like 31C) and there outside, i just give them lots of water (my ducks dislike pools they freak out when ever i try to get them to swim) but i did splash them with water, i got out the old Nerf super soakers and had a water fight with my ducks (they where about 8 weeks old at the time) they then tried to eat the water i was spraying them with and they then enjoyed playing in the mud.

again i might not be much help on this subject, just what i have done.
I can't wait to play with them in open space! That's hilarious they like being sprayed!

Back
Top Bottom