Moving keets outdoors

Swamprat2020

Hatching
Jul 18, 2021
I'm new to Guinea fowl. I live in Southeastern Virginia. We have four that are 3 weeks old now and I want to move them outdoors to an enclosure with a small coup that can have a heat light in it. The days are usually in the high 80's to mid 90's and nights in the 70's. Can I put them outside since it's so hot?

I'm new to Guinea fowl. I live in Southeastern Virginia. We have four that are 3 weeks old now and I want to move them outdoors to an enclosure with a small coup that can have a heat light in it. The days are usually in the high 80's to mid 90's and nights in the 70's. Can I put them outside since it's so hot?
Daytime temps are fine as long as they have shade. They may still need supplemental heat at night.

Here is my problem I hatched two keets successfully they are now nine weeks old . Sadly their mother was killed yesterday by a fox so only the father remains . As they were incubated I have slowly introduced them behind a fenced enclosure to him . When will it be possible to let them properly out to join him. Also is it likely he will show them how to roost and survive etc

Here is my problem I hatched two keets successfully they are now nine weeks old . Sadly their mother was killed yesterday by a fox so only the father remains . As they were incubated I have slowly introduced them behind a fenced enclosure to him . When will it be possible to let them properly out to join him. Also is it likely he will show them how to roost and survive etc
If you only have the one guinea, he will probably accept the keets pretty easily. If he is not attacking the wire to get at the keets, try letting them in with him and watch what he does. Be prepared to act quickly if he becomes aggressive to them.

If he accepts them, he should set an example for them.

Back
Top Bottom