Moving out of a bad situation - roos & hens need homes in a hurry. Colusa County, California (95970)

Hermit

Songster
6 Years
Mar 24, 2015
Colusa & Sac counties, California
EDIT: they have officially been posted on Craigslist because I cannot leave them here, even if it means they get bought by someone for food. this is killing me.

Hi, all. Having chickens has been my life dream. I’ve had the chance to live it for a good couple years, but the property I’m on keeps getting more run down instead of better. Due to furthering health decline combining with that, I need to rehome my flock in full or piecemeal.
I’ll try to get some good pictures of everyone today, but we have mostly docile older hens who’re still laying strong, some flighty hens of the same age who are laying strong, too, a tough one eyed rooster (his injury happened last month and he’s currently living out his days in a large cage with rotating partners to avoid him losing the other) who is fine with being handled, a house rooster who thinks he’s a dog, and several young roos (who are driving all the girls ragged) & few young hens who I don’t think have started their laying yet.
They’re all flat out gorgeous (aside from one-eyed Chip, but he’s one of the three that gave us all the beauties).
They’re all barnyard mixes, so I don’t know what they’d produce, but I’ve had people mention breeds by name on seeing pictures of some in passing.
A0BAA559-3801-4C83-8A3C-09C2A02569B0.jpeg
371334F9-0EB6-4FCF-9FB8-67F3CA2126A9.jpeg
1761ADFE-EC13-4037-9984-786E6E4AFCDE.jpeg
F72614AF-71DC-432F-B748-CEB23DCE72D6.jpeg
F2494DA2-19CD-4612-BFAE-DEE365593E43.jpeg
AA836DF0-9C9E-4ED5-93B1-9BF31BF4C154.jpeg

I hope you can find them a nice home. I am sorry you have to be in this tough situation, and I really do hope you can find them a nice place to live. Best of luck :(

Are you still looking to rehome your girls? I can take some hens, unfortunately I can’t take any more roosters I have a bunch already. I am sorry for your situation, I know it is not easy.

EDIT: they have officially been posted on Craigslist because I cannot leave them here, even if it means they get bought by someone for food. this is killing me.

Hi, all. Having chickens has been my life dream. I’ve had the chance to live it for a good couple years, but the property I’m on keeps getting more run down instead of better. Due to furthering health decline combining with that, I need to rehome my flock in full or piecemeal.
I’ll try to get some good pictures of everyone today, but we have mostly docile older hens who’re still laying strong, some flighty hens of the same age who are laying strong, too, a tough one eyed rooster (his injury happened last month and he’s currently living out his days in a large cage with rotating partners to avoid him losing the other) who is fine with being handled, a house rooster who thinks he’s a dog, and several young roos (who are driving all the girls ragged) & few young hens who I don’t think have started their laying yet.
They’re all flat out gorgeous (aside from one-eyed Chip, but he’s one of the three that gave us all the beauties).
They’re all barnyard mixes, so I don’t know what they’d produce, but I’ve had people mention breeds by name on seeing pictures of some in passing.View attachment 2577087View attachment 2577088View attachment 2577089View attachment 2577090View attachment 2577091View attachment 2577092
Have you managed to find any of them new homes?

Back
Top Bottom