Moving outside!

Chiknlady28

Chirping
Mar 24, 2018
we have 7 chicks that are 7 weeks old. We live in Minnesota, where it’s FINALLY 50s-low 60s during the day, but nighttime can get to as low as 30. when are they able to be moved out? I’m pretty sure they’re all feathered. Thanks!

I also have 7 chicks and they are probably around 6 1/2 weeks old. Mine have been outside in the coop since 3 weeks old. I kept them in a dog crate at that point with a heat lamp. The older hens could see but not touch for the first week. I then removed the dog crate and gave them a separate area in the coop with a small door that only they could get into when they needed it. They have had that for 2 weeks and it is going great. They don't tend to leave the coop yet unless I push them out but they are making great progress. They have now been off a heat lamp for about a week. I live in Kentucky and it has been in the 30's and 40's a night. They have been fine.

I also have 7 chicks and they are probably around 6 1/2 weeks old. Mine have been outside in the coop since 3 weeks old. I kept them in a dog crate at that point with a heat lamp. The older hens could see but not touch for the first week. I then removed the dog crate and gave them a separate area in the coop with a small door that only they could get into when they needed it. They have had that for 2 weeks and it is going great. They don't tend to leave the coop yet unless I push them out but they are making great progress. They have now been off a heat lamp for about a week. I live in Kentucky and it has been in the 30's and 40's a night. They have been fine.

Same here!!! They do fine w shelter from wind and heat lamp in 30s at 3 weeks

Back
Top Bottom