Moving the Flock...

So maybe it's not that effective?

My mom's dog doesn't poop in her yard and it doesn't mess with chickens anyway. I think her dog is so used to it, that it doesn't bother him that much. He does stay out of her yard, it just doesn't scare him the way it does the stray dogs. I'm just thinking since it doesn't scare him, it wouldn't scare a bigger dog either, in the event that a tasty chicken was available.

Last night, I talked to my next door neighbor. She used to have chickens and said she wants to keep some again. So I guess she will have to take care of her dogs first. Not holding my breath that any of this will happen soon.

Just a thought,

You said that you don't want to have trouble with your neighbor by forcing the issue of their dogs.

But your neighbor is perfectly willing to walk all over you by letting their dogs run your cattle and control your life -- are they worth going out of your way to not offend them when they don't give 2 cents about hurting you?

Just a thought,

You said that you don't want to have trouble with your neighbor by forcing the issue of their dogs.

But your neighbor is perfectly willing to walk all over you by letting their dogs run your cattle and control your life -- are they worth going out of your way to not offend them when they don't give 2 cents about hurting you?

Their youngest grandson is also my nephew. They have him more than his mom does, because she is working and going back to school. As it stands, my nephew (age 2.5 years) is allowed to come over ANY time he wants when I am outside tending the garden and watching my 2 boys play. His 2 older 1/2 siblings are also allowed to come over. They are good kids. They are also the only cousins that my boys get to see regularly.

So, as you can probably see, no. They are not worth it. My nephew however is 100% worth it. The dogs have not hurt our cattle yet. They go back home when we catch them and yell at them. Their owners know that the dogs will be shot if they are caught messing with a calf or get aggressive with any of us. They also know I will have evidence if I shoot a dog as to what the dog was doing before it was shot.

Back
Top Bottom