1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

MPC gender accuracy?

Discussion in 'Chicken Breeders & Hatcheries' started by 1dude, Oct 10, 2012.

1. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    Just wondering, my chicks are almost four weeks old. I ordered six pullets and I have at least one suspicious chacter in my group of six. I was wondering if anyone else has ended up with other genders than ordered. I know they can't be 100% correct, but wondering how accurate they are.
    Thanx duder..

2. ChickensAreSweet

ChickensAreSweet Heavenly Grains for Hens

I have ordered from My Pet Chicken before and they gave me all pullets when I ordered all pullets. It was a group of 25 chickens (5 EEs and 20 Golden Campines).

3. StarLover21

StarLover21 Chillin' With My Peeps

Oct 11, 2011
    The best way to find out your suspicions would be to post them on the breed/gender thread [​IMG] Like all hatcheries, though, they gaurantee/advertise 90% accuracy.

Last edited: Oct 10, 2012
  4. janinepeters

janinepeters Chillin' With My Peeps

Jun 9, 2009
    Funny to see this thread just started. I just posted about this on an older thread. 100% accuracy on an order of 14 pullets (12 bantams and 2 large birds) from MPC in May, 2012.

5. 1dude

1dude Out Of The Brooder

Dec 27, 2007
    Pace, Florida
    Well mine are now 13 weeks and they all look like hens, so I'm good! I picked up 2 mystery chicks and was suspious of them. They almost looked like they had small spot where they should have spurs. However after more than a month they still look the same at about 17 weeks.

6. LaurenM

LaurenM Out Of The Brooder

Sep 13, 2012
    I have 17 Large Fowl and 7 Bantams from them and only one EE turned out to be a roo - pretty accurate!

7. spotsplus

spotsplus Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 29, 2008
    Franklin, MA
    I ordered 9 bantam pullets last spring and all are girls :)

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by