MPC order here =)

Quote:
i really appreciate any guesses
smile.png

They are CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

I agree #1 & 3 look just like my Golden Laced Wyandottes I got 2 wks ago.

I bought a 1 gal waterer for my 26 so they wouldn't knock it over.

So far it's staying upright.

Good luck with your little ones. Watch for pasty butt tomorrow. A few of mine had it on day 2 and 3.

~*Sweet Cheeks*~ :

They are CUTE CUTE CUTE!!!!

I agree #1 & 3 look just like my Golden Laced Wyandottes I got 2 wks ago.

I bought a 1 gal waterer for my 26 so they wouldn't knock it over.

So far it's staying upright.

Good luck with your little ones. Watch for pasty butt tomorrow. A few of mine had it on day 2 and 3.

Thank you for reminding me about the pasty butt. I just went to go check after I read this post.

I don't think they knocked it over as much as ran around in it. I went and bought some puppy pads to help absorb the water from them running in it. I was using paper towels. Trying to get them to stay on the pad while putting it all over the brooder was pretty tough! They were wanting to free run everywhere.

They are so cute!​

I agree - not australorps, their legs aren't the correct color. The first looks like a gold laced but breed wise I won't guess - I can see why some one said EE though, it's the same type color pattern.

1 gallon waterers are absolutely necessary! I just figured that out
lol.png
They don't knock it over, and you aren't filling it 2 times a day. PLUS, when they decide it's time to start sitting on the top of the waterer, the mess is generally on the top of the bottle rather than down the sides and in the water
thumbsup.gif
That reminds me... I am crazy for doing all this!

Your babies are very cute! I have 3 little fluff balls running around right now. I have 2 cream brabanters that are about 1 week old, and a serama that just hatched last night
wee.gif
Oh, so much fun!!
jumpy.gif

The chick in the first pic (and the one in your 'cupped' hands) look like golden campines. The ones with spots on the backs of their heads are either Barred Rocks or Dominiques, about the only difference is that dominiques have rose combs and BR have straight combs.
The black and white ones are probably jersey giants, if they aren't 'correct' for austrolorps.

Last edited:
My SLW from MPC had some brown and yellow to start with, and looked like the first chick. My barred rocks looked pretty much like some of the black and white chicks initially as well. I don't recall how yellow their legs were as chicks, but they have yellowed with time.

hmm...Rare Assortment...my guesses:

I think the striped/spotted ones are either Wyandottes (if rose comb) or Golden Campines (if single comb).

Black ones w/ spot on head... Dominique (if rose comb) or Cuckoo Maran (if single comb).

Black w/o spot on head....Black Jersey Giants.

Congrats...
thumbsup.gif
they look great...whatever they are.
wink.png

Back
Top Bottom