MPC Orders for this week?

I ordered my chicks from MPC on Tues 6/8 around 1:00am and put "first available." I also said I would take subsitutions. Later that morning (around 9am), I received a call from MPC saying that if I called them back within the hour they could get my order out that day! I received the 10 chicks I ordered (no subs were necessary) + 6 "packing peanuts." My original ship date was for July 6th. I never received any email confirming my 6/8 ship date, but did receive one for my 7/6 ship date. Hope you get your babies soon!

I placed my order on 6/14, 7pm, said no substitutions, and my order was for hatching eggs (this was before I learned about all the problems with shipping eggs this year). 3 each of Black Copper Marans, Easter Eggers, and Blue Ameraucana. Supposed to ship July 12th, and it's looking more and more like they're going to hold to that date
sad.png

SOOOOOO . . . . since I'm incredibly impatient when I want something, and the list of breeds I want just keeps growing, I went and ordered some chicks for pick up from Ideal Poultry, and I'm getting them on the 7th. Mille Fleur D'Uccle (3, st.run), white crested black Polish (3, st.run), Dominique (1, female), and Golden Campine (1, female). Can. Not. Wait.​

Quote:
I placed my order on 6/14, 7pm, said no substitutions, and my order was for hatching eggs (this was before I learned about all the problems with shipping eggs this year). 3 each of Black Copper Marans, Easter Eggers, and Blue Ameraucana. Supposed to ship July 12th, and it's looking more and more like they're going to hold to that date
sad.png

SOOOOOO . . . . since I'm incredibly impatient when I want something, and the list of breeds I want just keeps growing, I went and ordered some chicks for pick up from Ideal Poultry, and I'm getting them on the 7th. Mille Fleur D'Uccle (3, st.run), white crested black Polish (3, st.run), Dominique (1, female), and Golden Campine (1, female). Can. Not. Wait.

Well... You won't have to wait much longer! July 7th & 12th are just around the corner! *happydance* I want to get Black Copper Marans & Blue Cochins I may have to get some since I am 90% sure a ringed Neck Pheasant was slipped into my order. ( Ahhhh... love Chicken Math!) Post pictures of your babies when you get them! I love fuzzybutt pictures!

Heather

My chicks are comming in from MPC next week!
lol.png
I ordered 3 Easter Eggers. I'd get more, but the coop is only big enough for three by city code (4ft per chicken). I've never owned chickens before. It's going to be a blast! I've even picked out names already! I'm counting down the days.
jumpy.gif

BTW, anyone know how likely are they to substitute? I said I'd take one Australorp or Plymouth Rock if they don't have enough EEs...

Quote:
I thought I read in a recent post that MPC lost a large batch of BO & EE due to incubator failure??? If that is the case then you may get your subs. ( I have 3 Australorp chicks and they are super cute & friendly!)
When I placed my order with MPC I told them would accept subs, but didn't get any! *shrugs shoulders* It most likely depends on how many hatch and if they have enough to fill the orders.
Good Luck with your fuzzbutts & can't wait to see what you get!

My 8 from MPC are doing great! I had a couple pasty but I think I took care of it(I hope). The calmest chicke is the White Leghorn??? I thought they were supposed to be flighty and nervous? The bully is the Partridge Cochin? Funny. I love watching them so much that NOTHING is getting done at my house. It is terrible to neglect my wifely duties, but I never have seen anything cuter in my entire life. Back to chick watching...

my white leghorns (also from MPC) were my calmest chicks also.. WERE. Now they are nine weeks old and scream like I'm an ax murderer unless I have treats in hand. I am hoping they will calm down as they get closer to POL?
sad.png

Kinda glad I have leghorns tho - the ramp to our first makeshift coop is STEEP and they fly quite well!

Quote:
I thought I read in a recent post that MPC lost a large batch of BO & EE due to incubator failure??? If that is the case then you may get your subs. ( I have 3 Australorp chicks and they are super cute & friendly!)
When I placed my order with MPC I told them would accept subs, but didn't get any! *shrugs shoulders* It most likely depends on how many hatch and if they have enough to fill the orders.
Good Luck with your fuzzbutts & can't wait to see what you get!

I spoke with My Pet Chicken the night before last, regarding my chicks due to hatch 7/12. They said the incubator issue was isolated to the previous week's hatch only, and should not effect chicks with different hatching dates.
smile.png

That is soooo AWESOME!!!!!!!
yippiechickie.gif
My chicks came 2 weeks ago. I got them from Cackle Hatchery--brahmas and orpingtons! I love them to death....I'm sure you'll have a lot of fun with yours!!!
love.gif
I am probably going to get some silkies from MPC next year....hmmmm. Well I am planning on getting some meat birds and possibly trying some turkeys. Oh I just realized that lol! My family aready planned on the meat birds and turkeys.
he.gif
Hmmm I guess I could squeeze some silkies in i don't know lol!!!
hide.gif
Well anyway have fun with yours! I have some planning to do.
idunno.gif

Back
Top Bottom