Mr. Easter Egger Pageant

I voted, I think that the first one is the prettiest. But I agree with the above poster - it is only as long as he isn't actually hurting the hens. If he is then I would switch my vote to #3.

I voted for #1. Being a little over aggressive with the mating at first is likely to mellow as he gets a bit older. It's important that he is not aggressive with you or aloof.He sounds like the one best able to defend his girls.

I voted #3. He is a good looking Roo and it seams he is a calm and nice rooster, and also has/see's the potential for breeding (if you want it).

#2 would be my next choice.

How many hens do you have? I like #1, looks the best to me. Three rooster is very hard on the hens. That should change if you only have one rooster. Which one do you like best?

Quote:
thanks for voting and
welcome-byc.gif

i think he's gorgeous too, but i'm getting tired of watching him gang rape the hens, especially the EE hens. i actually put them in the "safe room" with my gimpy Wyandotte and the Silkies for the past 2 days to give them a little bit of a break from him. which sucks, cause if he was more gentle, there would be no question as to who i would keep.

Back
Top Bottom