Mr roo has to go to a new home

chicken dust

Chirping
6 Years
May 20, 2015
I have to get rid of my rooster he is a great protector and a very nice rooster but a combination of being too loud and he is hurting the hens in mourning and nightly mating ritual so he has got to go they were all raised from tiny chicks and are now a year old how will this removal effect not only him but the hens will they all adjust or is this a bad idea

How many hens does he have? Have you tried saddles? Sometimes young roosters can be rough on hens (especially if he doesn't have enough of them), but they often times calm down in their enthusiasm. He's a rooster - not much to do about him being loud - it's part of being who he's suppose to be. Some people use no crow collars - I don't like em...

I just need to know if the hens will adjust ok with out him. he's going to a place that has 20 hens

The hens will be fine. There may be some adjustment cause they don't necessarily know why he's gone (did a monster come and eat him? Who knows?), but they'll probably be much happier and productive within a few days.

We have a roo also with 3 chicks we hope it will be ok but time will tell. We are new to this and we are liking it so far. But I'm not sure what to do yet with the rooster

Back
Top Bottom