Ms Quackers Ate Nails!

They get their revenge though by crapping all over the deck of the new nursing center. Lol 😂
That's what would concern me. Ducks and geese are gotten rid of for doing such things, and it isn't always obvious that they are intentionally being eliminated. That is particularly true of Muscovy ducks. I know of cases where they were probably poisoned; where they were probably unintentionally poisoned, because mice were poisoned and they probably ate them; and one case where all the Muscovy ducks dropped dead due to duck plague on a horse farm, at which time the state killed all the living ducks and geese on the farm to keep it from spreading.

Last edited:
Considering it's A&M University, I don't think the news would break well if they were poisoning the waterfowl. I do think they sent of the first few to the College Station area for necropsies and determined it was hardware disease.

So glad to hear that your duck survived this! We are going through the EXACT same thing right now with a Silkie hen that ate what we believe are lead pieces.

How did your GoFundMe work out? We just started one for "Peanut", but she's running out of time :-(

I'd be eternally grateful if you'd share Peanut's fundraiser for us! It can be found here:
https://gofund.me/a265f1f2

Below is her picture and her X-rays from Monday:

Attachments

• IMG_3377.JPG
    IMG_3377.JPG
    349.3 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4899.JPG
    IMG_4899.JPG
    231.4 KB · Views: 3
  • IMG_4900.JPG
    IMG_4900.JPG
    267 KB · Views: 3