msbear, look at your new baby

kayjuggler

Chirping
11 Years
Aug 29, 2008
Maryland
here's a photo of what may be my one and only. Temp problems and humitdity issues, most likely. So, its' amazing that one of the most difficult to hatch eggs is the one I've got chriping away in the incubator!

15108_newchick_002.jpg

The baby in the incubator is a bantam columbian cochin from msbear. The eggs don't seem to do well with shipping and most didn't devlope, although two that I cracked open after no devlopment seemed to be fertile. I have other shipped eggs in with this one that all seemed to develope up to a point and then quit. That's why this little one is so special...and so tiny. I have only hatched standards before. Quite amazing to see such a little egg and a little peep!

Here is day two for the lone little cochin baby: I think I may need to find him a chick buddy becasue I don't think anything else is going to hatch. His name is wiggles or Sam or Pinkie according to my 7 year old and according to when I ask her. I think he looks like a little penguin.

15108_newchickday2_024.jpg

Thanks for the advice, wifezilla. I put a little stuffed animal in there but he ignores it. I hadn't thought of a mirror. He does seem lonely..I'm going to the one and only feed store in my county tomorrow and will see if they have any day olds. If they don't I'll put out a baby chick wanted post on the forum.

Thanks for the advice, wifezilla. I put a little stuffed animal in there but he ignores it. I hadn't thought of a mirror. He does seem lonely..I'm going to the one and only feed store in my county tomorrow and will see if they have any day olds. If they don't I'll put out a baby chick wanted post on the forum.

My lone egg is trying to hatch right now. I have an internal pip. I ran to Walmart and got a turkey feather duster. I taped that to one wall of the brooder and I taped a small mirror to the other wall. My little duck might not totally hatch out until Friday. I will be getting ducklings from the feed store on Monday so it will have some buddies.

Last edited:
Congrats!!! We'll have to send you some more so it came have some buddies
smile.png
A little stuffed animal works great too. I had a lone chick that would scream if you took out her teddy
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom