Mt Healthy messed up

Did Mt Healthy give you a refund since they sent you an extra?

I’m dealing with the same situation. Have your other Easter eggers laid yet? My remaining pullet has a single comb so now I’m worried about brown eggs. At least it’s a she!
We have yet to contact mt healthy and ask for a refund. They turned 3 months last Saturday so I’m not expecting an egg for a while from her. My EE from tsc has a straight comb and lays blue eggs but she is there CCL based EE. I think yours will lay brown eggs because most of mt healthys EEs have pea combs.

We have yet to contact mt healthy and ask for a refund. They turned 3 months last Saturday so I’m not expecting an egg for a while from her. My EE from tsc has a straight comb and lays blue eggs but she is there CCL based EE. I think yours will lay brown eggs because most of mt healthys EEs have pea combs.
So disappointing! But thank you. I do wonder if she might be an Olive egger that got in by mistake? They seem to have single combs. At least she’s pretty.

Attachments

• IMG_3490.jpeg
    IMG_3490.jpeg
    660.5 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3542.jpeg
    IMG_3542.jpeg
    512.3 KB · Views: 8
  • IMG_3546.jpeg
    IMG_3546.jpeg
    525.2 KB · Views: 8
(We send a 2% margin of extras in every order. This is in the case that something we’re to happen in the shipping of the birds. The extra birds sent will always be something off your order. Example: if you order all pullets, your extra will be a pullet.)
I ordered 3 Bielefelder pullets (and 1 Blue Australorp pullet) from Mt Healthy. I got what I thought were 4 Biels (and the 1 BA). Bielefelders are auto-sexing at hatch: the females are chipmunk stripe, the males are blond with a pale headspot. Noticeably different, in other words.

They are nearly 7 weeks old now, and I fear that the extra is a cockerel of some other breed, one of the many breeds that have the chipmunk striped chicks. I won't know for a few weeks yet, but I do NOT need a male. I have a very nice rooster.

All the chicks were healthy and still are doing well. I would be VERY HAPPY to be wrong about this chick, but I'm having gut feelings that are hard to ignore. I don't even care if she's not a Bielefelder, as long as she's a she.

Back
Top Bottom