Mt Healthy messed up

Pics

Party_Chicken

Crowing
Feb 1, 2023
Anywhere with chickens
My Coop
My Coop
I ordered 3 chicks from mt healthy all pullets and we got an extra. Our extra chick was an EE according to this
(We send a 2% margin of extras in every order. This is in the case that something we’re to happen in the shipping of the birds. The extra birds sent will always be something off your order. Example: if you order all pullets, your extra will be a pullet.) She should be a pullet but she is a cockerel. In the long run I will probably keep him to breed olive eggers but I am annoyed. I just got rid of my cockerel and I was hoping to live a few years rooster free and then get back in. What should I do? If you would like to give a second opinion on Cornelia (now Cornelius) you may. He is 6 weeks old.
77dddf19-8ada-4413-897f-34967951ae52-jpeg.3498087

:th

Maybe he will be a really great rooster? Were you trying to be rooster free since your last one(s) were a headache?

Someone on a similar thread said that if you sell a rooster with a pullet of the same breed (a breeding pair), they will sell more readily. I'm pretty sure you can't guarantee blue eggs with an EE breeding pair, though. Hopefully that won't put a damper on things.

:th

Maybe he will be a really great rooster? Were you trying to be rooster free since your last one(s) were a headache?

Someone on a similar thread said that if you sell a rooster with a pullet of the same breed (a breeding pair), they will sell more readily. I'm pretty sure you can't guarantee blue eggs with an EE breeding pair, though. Hopefully that won't put a damper on things.
I hope he will be a good boy. I have really wanted some maran x colored layer eggs they are sooo pretty. I will keep him for olive eggers but if he attacks me hes gone I put up with way to much with my old roo and I'm not gonna do it again. I love roosters for flock order and a good man for the hens but he has to nice.

Totally. A rooster that attacks people can't be living a very happy life in my opinion.

I hope yours is chill. I have an ameraucana rooster that I got from a breeder, and he has been great. It sounds like he has a temperment that is common in the breed, so hopefully yours will get some of that handed down from the parentage.

Oh boy, I didn't realize the backstory of how you ended up with him. That stinks. He looks like maybe he will be a nice boy!? Did you try calling Mt. Healthy and see what they said? Maybe it's a little different being a bonus chick, but they still messed up your order if you wanted all pullets. :/

Oh boy, I didn't realize the backstory of how you ended up with him. That stinks. He looks like maybe he will be a nice boy!? Did you try calling Mt. Healthy and see what they said? Maybe it's a little different being a bonus chick, but they still messed up your order if you wanted all pullets. :/
I haven't. I will probably email them and ask for reimbursement. Also I have heard that cockerels raised up with older hens are nicer what is your experience with this?

Yeah, I have found that to be true, but only if they seem to have a good temperament in the first place. When they are small and grow up with larger birds they seem to not realize that they got bigger somehow. It can make them more humble, but I think the same thing can make them more violent if they have that kind of personality. Is he timid now? Timid is a better bet from what I have seen.

Hoovers has a percentage guarantee, so a certain number of mistakes is permissible depending on how many you got. I assume Mt. Healthy has something similar. They may be able to do something for you if you tell them how bummed you are, though.

Back
Top Bottom