Mt Hope auction

Sarree

In the Brooder
11 Years
May 18, 2008
Akron Ohio
Just wondering if anyone went to Mt Hope Exotic Animal Auction? Can't believe how crowded it was! You would never Know we were in a recession. 2 polish hen chickens went for $85.00 dollars each!

Sarree

We went there last year and O M G
th.gif
I could not believe the prices!! Talk about C R A Z Y
ep.gif

But people bid on them. I saw 1 hedgehog that sold for just shy of $300, now that's N U T S
hu.gif

we waited hours just to bid on one goose, unfortunatly it went for $85.00 too much and we didn't get it.

peacocks were going for $200.00!

The animals didn't have food in their cages, and some animals were stomped on and dead in the cages. It was really insane!

Sarree

Sorry I miss it this time, make it most 3 times every year. Thursday best for pheasants and peafowl. Great deal on peafowl those sell for high dollar like 200 are the rare type.
Saw a charcoal male sell for 250 and that color male sell for 400 as yearling.

Like all auction you got to know what they are worth, and sometimes they do oversale.

You name it they have it. deer,elk,zebras,monkey, and etc. this is a 3 day of non stop auctions sometime 4 rings going on at one time.

Auction are fun to watch, sometime people are bidding without understanding the auctioneer. Always see those that pay 4 time what something was worth.
The auctioneer are fast at this sale.

Last edited:
I went last year in the fall (Sept, I think it was) and prices were nuts then, too. I did get a cabinet incubator but I didn't buy any birds. I can't belive how high they are going! I think I should take birds out there next time.

Back
Top Bottom