Muddy run.. Is it a problem?

Quack-a-DoodleDo

In the Brooder
8 Years
Aug 9, 2011
My question is what do you do about a muddy run? Do you put hay over the mud or just let it be? Do you have a roof over the run? It gets really nasty.There isnt standing water or anything like that, just a lot of muck. Thanks:)

You could probably put a tarp over it to keep it from getting that way. Thats what Im doing!
big_smile.png

i just put a cover on mine today. $99 from Tractor supply. Even with sand the water drains away but with the sloppy wet snow we have been getting its just a mess.
The pipes come grey, I gave them a coat of black

IMG_20111203_143843.jpg

tarps on the side of prevailing winds for the winter
yes I'm standing on a ladder to take the pic.

Last edited:
Quote:
Do you mean you got the whole set-up including the pipes and fencing for $99? Or just the cover?

Quote:
Oh I see:) I really like the look of this. Nice and neat! I just might have to get this set up. Thank you!!

Quote:
Where did you get that fence & what kind is it? Did you get it at TSC too? I see the TSC cover fits it good. I have a chain link dog kennel that I bought somewhere else & was wondering if the TSC cover would fit it ok, but I do like your run!
smile.png

I like that run set up too....where did you get it? I have clear plastic over top of run now...but I also put pine shavings in the run to help with mud.

Quote:
Where did you get that fence & what kind is it? Did you get it at TSC too? I see the TSC cover fits it good. I have a chain link dog kennel that I bought somewhere else & was wondering if the TSC cover would fit it ok, but I do like your run!
smile.png

Ours got really muddy recently when we got several days of rain in a row. DH threw some hay in there and they were pretty wary at first, but now they seem to love it. They like to stay on the part with the hay instead of on the dirt.

Back
Top Bottom