muddy run

scooter147

Songster
11 Years
Jul 30, 2008
Missouri
Where the heck is SPRING!!!!!!
sad.png
I am so tired of this cold and rainy weather.
sad.png
My run is a muddy, sticky mess. I have bought 3 bales of straw so far to put int he run.

It will be nice here for the next three days but rain all weekend again.
barnie.gif

Just had to get that off my chest, I think spring is going to skip over us.

I am in Indiana, we are having rain rain rain too. The run is also a muddy mess. The chicks don't seem to mind.

In NJ, we are having rain just about every other day, it seems. My yard is a muddy slippery mess. The chicks are staying in the coop but the ducklings are loving the walk to their run and spending time nuzzling down in the mud looking for stuff.

Although this weekend is supposed to turn around nicely.

Keeping my fingers crossed.
fl.gif

I feel ya. I am in ohio and I was going to start my coop on Sunday and it has rained until today. There is still a chance to rain and it is cloudy and 58F out. They said the weekend will be much better.

Here's Hoping

Hey- I'm just getting ready to rebuild a coop and run. Any ideas on using something hard on the floor of the run to prevent the MUD.
WE had set the existing right on the loam and leaf mulch and the chickens enjoyed diggeing and dusting so much I was thinking of doing it again but then the rains came.

We have 3 runs and they all have large pine bark mulch in them. The chickens all scratch in it and it's not deep but it prevents mud. After several years it needs to be refreshed a bit but it's great!

Back
Top Bottom