mudy runs

kevin b

Hatching
5 Years
Mar 25, 2014
Unfortunately, Run area of my coop has turned to perty bad muddy ares. any temporarly solution for this mass.

thanks for quick respond. but do you thinks i should put down some wooden skids next to each other, and cover it up.

Then the mud will never dry... put a few boards (elevated if possible) in in you're worried, but just try to let the mud dry naturally.

The mud should dry within a few days to a week. Then, I would cover the area with straw or another absorbent material to help prevent future muddying.

For more answers, I would post your question in a different part of the forums.

The mud should dry within a few days to a week. Then, I would cover the area with straw or another absorbent material to help prevent future muddying.

For more answers, I would post your question in a different part of the forums.

Agreed. When the ground gets muddy, I often cover it with straw. This doesn't work completely, but it does help dry the ground out and give the chickens something else to walk on.

When the mud dries, you should put either a layer of fine pea gravel or coarse river sand with small pebbles in it (do not use a fine sand like beach sand) in the bottom of the run. Also, if possible, I would recommend putting roof over the run. I've done both of these with my runs and I don't have problems with mud in them.

Back
Top Bottom