Multi-function pressure cooker

I had my gramma’s old Presto and used it to cook chili beans for years until the fuse blew out of it one day and scared me. A few years ago a friend told me about cooking roasts etc. in them so I read up on them and got myself a Fagor 16 quart which I use a lot.
Just through using it and reading recipes including the recipes that came with it, I think their times are optimistic when it comes to meats and dry beans. Especially if the beans are older. Meats may be done but not delectably tender.
Great thread! So inspiring!

Quinoa breakfast bowl...quinoa cooks perfectly in the IP on the Rice setting! You can use other types of milk, but I like the results with coconut milk best. I sub powdered stevia for the maple syrup, too. The fun part is the "add-ins"(nuts, coconut, banana, vanilla stevia, etc.), when prepping the finished quinoa to eat. 🙂

Attachments

• 270AC011-CB4C-4C5A-B735-0D2BC942B148.jpeg
    270AC011-CB4C-4C5A-B735-0D2BC942B148.jpeg
    641.2 KB · Views: 4
Quinoa breakfast bowl...quinoa cooks perfectly in the IP on the Rice setting! You can use other types of milk, but I like the results with coconut milk best. I sub powdered stevia for the maple syrup, too. The fun part is the "add-ins"(nuts, coconut, banana, vanilla stevia, etc.), when prepping the finished quinoa to eat. 🙂
That sounds really good! Never thought of using quinoa for breakfast!

Sounds more like an Island dish.. Yah Maan!

Thanks! It comes out like fluffy cooked rice, but when you add the other toppings, it becomes a loaded hot (or cold) "cereal"...and it's a complete protein. Tastes good and good for you! 🙌
Thanks for posting, I have blood sugar issues and can’t tolerate grain, bread, cereals early in the day. I use quinoa for dinner but this is a great l idea to try!

Back
Top Bottom