1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Multi-Generational Olive Layers - all shades included!

Discussion in 'Buy Sell Auction - Archives' started by alicefelldown, Apr 30, 2011.

1. alicefelldown

alicefelldown Looking for a broody

Aug 18, 2008
    Up for auction: 12 eggs from our two project Olive pens. The best part about Olive Layers is all the different shades you can get right? Well, to increase the options, we have split our 1st and 2nd generation olive girls into two pens - you will hatch chicks that will lay all over the spectrum, from light sage green, teal, and golden olive to dark olive and green.

[​IMG]

Pen 1 contains a handsome Black Copper Marans rooster with several blue and black olive laying hens. We have paired our lighter green layers with this male to deeper their olive drab color. One of my favorite teal layers is in this pen!
    [​IMG]

Pen 2 contains a wonderful Splash Ameraucana rooster (pips&peeps) paired with our Black Copper Marans hens & darker green/olive layers. The eggs these chicks will lay will be a richer green/olive - due to their father's vibrant blue genetics.
    [​IMG]

Your chicks will be either blue or black, with copper highlights.
    [​IMG]

Now onto the best part - the eggs!!
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Eggs will ship on 5/9 (Monday) so payment needs to be made at the end of the auction. Paypal only please.

We ship flat rate priority ($15), or regional ($9ish) if available based on your zip code, plus a 3$ fee for materials (bubble wrap, packing peanuts, etc).

Please also note that even as carefully as your eggs will be shipped, we cannot guarantee that there will be no breakage in transit (although we haven't had one break yet!). We also cannot guarantee the percentage of your hatch as the incubators temperature and humidity are very variable.

Thanks and Happy Bidding!!

Last edited: May 3, 2011
  2. ccshambhala

ccshambhala Chillin' With My Peeps

Sep 8, 2008
    Va
    these are GORGEOUS *drools* - wish you were closer!! (I am afraid of a cross-country ship [​IMG] )

3. buckabucka

buckabucka Chillin' With My Peeps

Jan 13, 2010
    Fairfield, Maine
    My Coop
    I've got some of these in my incubator right now! Can't wait to see what hatches, - they arrived very quickly and intact, and all appear to be developing. [​IMG]

4. alicefelldown

Aug 18, 2008
    We use an incredible amount of bubble wrap and shipping materials inside the box - haven't had an egg break yet, and we've shipped all over the country. The only bad hatch we've seen is from someone who had TWO power outages and still got 8 of the 12 to hatch!

5. Imagesoart

Imagesoart Chillin' With My Peeps

Nov 24, 2009
    San Jose
    Yes! That was me! Unbelievable that any hatched due to two power outages during incubation! And they are the most beautiful birds! They are really cute chicks and are going to be beautiful chickens. My chicks are very lively and the coloring is great. Cannot wait until they start laying!

BTW ~ I have tried to make POSITIVE feedback comments for alicefelldown but the two times that I have done that, it did not go through! Anyway, Alicefelldown is great to work with. I even got positive encouragement from her after my power outage!

6. alaina

alaina Chillin' With My Peeps

May 4, 2011
    North middle TN
    Wow, what beautiful eggs and chickens, so you put a copper marans rooster in with the auracanas to deepen the color of the eggs? amazing![​IMG]

7. thebreakfastclub

thebreakfastclub Out Of The Brooder

Mar 31, 2011
    Luck
    Oh those are gorgeous eggs. I hope my aracaunas lay some pretty shades like those. They are 2 weeks old so I have a while to wait....[​IMG]

8. alicefelldown

Aug 18, 2008
    Thank you everyone!

The Ameraucana roo has the following hens:
    # Pure BCM. These chicks will be your first gen that will lay teal-green and pale sage.
    # 1/4 Pene / 1/4 Ameraucana / 1/2 Marans. These hens are 2nd gen, who lay darker golden olive. Their chicks are 3rd gen which will be a brighter green.

The BCM roo has the following hens:
    # Teal Layer. She is a Ameraucana / Marans mix that is heavier on the Ameraucana side. Her chicks will be darker olive drab – more green than gold.
    # 1/2 Ameraucana / 1/2 Marans. These hens are 1st generation that lay the above pale sage green eggs. Their chicks will be 2nd gen and lay darker golden olive.
    # 1/2 Pene / 1/2 Ameraucana. This hen lays a lovely olive egg. Her chicks are the 2nd gen darker golden olive above.

Last edited: May 7, 2011

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by