Multiple broodies- how to house?

It seldom works that way for me. When my hens dedicate themselves to a nest of eggs, they typically stick with them until the end (unless theres some weird circumstance). I have 2 pairs of hens co-parenting right now. They sat on their eggs together, and they're doing a lovely job of raising their babies. Another hen is still in her nest on her eggs. She was there when the second pair hatched their eggs and stuck tight to her nest.

Chickens (and turkeys) are all individuals. You never know what they're going to do until you try.

Anyway, good luck with all of your broodies :)

It seldom works that way for me. When my hens dedicate themselves to a nest of eggs, they typically stick with them until the end (unless theres some weird circumstance). I have 2 pairs of hens co-parenting right now. They sat on their eggs together, and they're doing a lovely job of raising their babies. Another hen is still in her nest on her eggs. She was there when the second pair hatched their eggs and stuck tight to her nest.

Chickens (and turkeys) are all individuals. You never know what they're going to do until you try.

Anyway, good luck with all of your broodies
smile.png

Thanks! I played musical eggs and now each hen has a staggered hatch of 3-4 days apart, so separating will be best at this point, I think. The first brood emerges Wednesday! So excited!

I gotta say, I *love* broodies! Just set 'em and forget 'em :) No fussing about the eggs on the bathroom counter for 3 weeks! They're something special!

Back
Top Bottom