Multiple chickens missing??

My dog keeps the small predators away. Ignores foxes and hides from coyotes. Not sure if a LGD would be like that though.
We have more foxes and fishers than coyotes, but it's not impossible! A few years ago someone lost a cat to a coyote. I would assume if it was a predator I would have heard something. I let them out at 6am and we noticed some were missing at around 11 am, and me and my husband were both home. He was actually working outside that morning. I guess if they wandered far enough they could have been grabbed?

We have more foxes and fishers than coyotes, but it's not impossible! A few years ago someone lost a cat to a coyote. I would assume if it was a predator I would have heard something. I let them out at 6am and we noticed some were missing at around 11 am, and me and my husband were both home. He was actually working outside that morning. I guess if they wandered far enough they could have been grabbed?
Eagles,Hawks and Coyotes kill most cats. I've watched a couple videos where mountain lions kill them too.They're safer inside.

I would have thought if it was a fox it would have come back by now. Are you keeping your chickens locked up?
We did for the first day, but I felt bad because the ducks like to swim in the creek that's a yard or two away from the run. I haven't lost any more at all though, and my neighbors on both sides and across the road haven't lost any either, they also all free roam. I asked if they've seen our missing girls and they haven't.

We did for the first day, but I felt bad because the ducks like to swim in the creek that's a yard or two away from the run. I haven't lost any more at all though, and my neighbors on both sides and across the road haven't lost any either, they also all free roam. I asked if they've seen our missing girls and they haven't.
My neighbors losing 2 or 3 a month to a bob cat .

Back
Top Bottom